Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1

Programmable thermostat with two A/Cs

I'd like to install a programmable thermostat in my 2011 Canyon Star, primarily to be able to have the furnace come on before we get up. I have one furnace, but two roof A/Cs. Is there a programmable thermostat that is capable of handling two A/Cs?
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
great question, now were are the replies?
jclarkfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarkfork View Post
great question, now were are the replies?
Here is a reply I received on another forum:

"If you have the older 5 button CCC 1, then to upgrade to the CCC2 will require BOTH AC control boards replaced as well as buying the watt CCC2 tstat. There is NO aftermarket system that will plug and play for your factory system which should be a Dometic Roof AC system. Now if the furnace is your ONLY programmable item you want to control, you can disconnect the furnace from the AC control system AT the furnace (just 2 wires) and install an aftermarket type programmable tstat that would only control the furnace. I am assuming Newmar still installs Dometic AC units and controls on your 2011. Last, IF you have Dometic then NO OTHER tstat or system can be used on your RV, other than Dometic CCC systems. But as I stated, you CAN use another type just for your furnace."

CCC is the Dometic Comfort Control Center. I have the 5-button CCC1; here is a link to the CCC2: Dometic 3312024.023 Duo Therm Comfort Control 2 CCC2 White
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBob View Post
I'd like to install a programmable thermostat in my 2011 Canyon Star, primarily to be able to have the furnace come on before we get up. I have one furnace, but two roof A/Cs. Is there a programmable thermostat that is capable of handling two A/Cs?
Yes, but you have to have two remote sensors to pass information back to the thermostat to tell it when to cycle on and off.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverbill View Post
Yes, but you have to have two remote sensors to pass information back to the thermostat to tell it when to cycle on and off.
Well, I already have two sensors--one in the thermostat and another in the bedroom. The two A/Cs operate independently of each other.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #6

What model AC's do you have? That will determine what you can get. You may have answered that by saying:
Quote:
CCC is the Dometic Comfort Control Center. I have the 5-button CCC1; here is a link to the CCC2: Dometic 3312024.023 Duo Therm Comfort Control 2 CCC2 White
But not sure if you are saying you have the 5 button CCC (which has the ability your looking for built in) but may require some board replacements depending on what you have.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post

But not sure if you are saying you have the 5 button CCC (which has the ability your looking for built in) but may require some board replacements depending on what you have.

Dave
Dave, not sure I follow you. I have the 5-button CCC Dometic 3109228.001 Duo Therm Comfort Control 5 Button . It is not programmable.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #8

Sorry, I was thinking you wanted to use one controller to operate 2 ACs and the heater which the 5 Button CCC can do. The answer in the other forum was correct. Due to the way Dometic designed the thermostat interface, the only programmable unit is the CCC2 (http://www.earthboundrv.com/wp-conte...l-Center-1.pdf). It does seem a bit restricted in it's capabilities though.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat