Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anyone have experience with the Progressive Dynamics charger/converter? I am thinking about replacing the factory unit with one of these since it offers the three stage charging I think I need. Would also like to go to 6 volt batteries. Any suggestions?
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anyone have experience with the Progressive Dynamics charger/converter? I am thinking about replacing the factory unit with one of these since it offers the three stage charging I think I need. Would also like to go to 6 volt batteries. Any suggestions?
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Put a 60 amp one in last month with a Wizzard, got it from PPL in Texas. Works GREAT and was very well priced. Solved my power problems!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I've had them in my last 2 5th wheels. The 91XX and 92XX charger/converters are top of the line products. If you get a 91XX series, be sure to get the Charge Wizard accessory - the Charge Wizard functionality is built into the 92XX series.
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig H:
Anyone have experience with the Progressive Dynamics charger/converter? I am thinking about replacing the factory unit with one of these since it offers the three stage charging I think I need. Would also like to go to 6 volt batteries. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go for it. We replaced our MagnaJunk last year with the PD and charge wizard mentioned by RustyJC. We got ours here http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_n...kw=pd+9245&_osacat=0 at one great price on info received from forum member FrontRangeRVer on this site. Took about 30 minutes to install but take note of the cable locations and don't let the wires touch. like I did. It causes a lot of 12v stuff to quit working.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
HERE is one I found on EBAY that I am buying. It is the best price I found.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks wthoms1--looks like the be3st deal out there, will order mine tonight.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Make sure you order the pendant, it ships free, cost is 9.98-- got mine about a week ago, will install in Florida where it is warmer!
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:45 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig H:
Would also like to go to 6 volt batteries. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
On another site the Interstate U2200 or U2400 both of which are manufactured by US Battery are recommended.

Apparently they can be had at Sam's Club or Costco.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #10

Anyone have experience with the Progressive Dynamics charger/converter? I am thinking about replacing the factory unit with one of these since it offers the three stage charging I think I need. Would also like to go to 6 volt batteries. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We currently have a P.D. 9160 and Charge Wizard w/4 6V batts. Works great, and going on 4 years, no problems.

Bill