Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #113

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
We have USAA for everything. At purchase of the MH they advised "we do not insure MH's but Progressive has a program for our people". Even a special phone number which is answered "USAA Progressive. As long as Progressive is competitive we will rely on USAA's big stick should a problem occur....
We are USAA members since 1967 so we are counting on their big stick to keep Progressive in line. Without a long story we needed a tow and Progressive supplied the wrecker but didn't want to pay the bill.

Called USAA who contacted Progressive who agreed they should pay up. I'm happy. $470.00 richer.
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #114

I was all set to change from National Interstate to Progressive since they could save me over $800 on my 2004 Itasca DP and even more going through a local agent, but after reading this last 9 pages I'm not sure Progressive is any better than "jumping out of the skillet into the fire". My home and autos are with AARP/Hartford but I didn't think they wrote or knew how to write RV insurance. Maybe I ought to give them a call anyway.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #115

My experience was good

Have has Progressive since 09/2006. In 08/2011 we were rear ended in Caldwell Id, other driver had no insurance. We had $8000.00 in damage to rear cap, tow bar, hitch and frame extensions. Progressive told us to take the rig any where we wanted to get an estimate, their adjuster reviewed the estimate and approved it. The work was completed in about 3 weeks. When we got our renewal I held my breath as I opened the envelope, our rate went up $1.18 a month. All in all I am still happy with the service.

2006 Windsor PRT
Dalsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #116

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
had Progressive and loved them but they raised my jeep cost a lot last year and GMAC was a lot lower so I switched. RV was about the same just the jeep was different. I begged Progressive to let me stay with them but they wouldn't budge. Too bad because we had great service with them for years.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #117

Winnebago Owners Club
We have nothing but praise for Progessive...we were traveling from Prince George, BC to Seattle last summer, 2012, when a 4x8 sheet of plywood flew from the bed of a pickup truck in the oncoming lane and hit the front lower left side of our MH. There was approximately $14k of damage. We reported the claim to the BC mounties and called our agent from BC. They were expedient and helpful through the whole process. Fortunately, it was still drivable and we continued our trip ending at the Winnebago factory in Forest City, Iowa. A local agent worked with us there and we left the MH to be repaired. Progressive covered all but $200 and paid for our return trip from NY to pick the MH up when it was done. I might note that our policy is comprehensive which is good because the driver of the pick up never stopped. Progressive was great to us which we especially appreciated as we were so far from home. Good luck and enjoy the ride!
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #118

I have Progressive on our RV as well. Had a $6000 claim in 2012. Their service as outstanding! Adjuster called me the day after claim was filed and was there to examine the damage that very morning. He had an estimate within 2 days and worked with the repair shop for some additional repairs as well. Had RV repaired and back to me in less than 3 weeks.

I just got my 2013 renewal and they went up about 30%. I don't know if the increase was because of the claim or the fact that last year was my first with them and I got reduced rate through my independent agent. All that said, from what I can tell the new premium is still in line or cheaper than other companies. Unless they keep going up significantly every year I'm going to stay with them because of their very good service. That means a lot to me.

WM
Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #119

Have Progressive on 2 boats a Seadoo and Rv very happy with them my Rv did increase $34 a year but I'm still ahead the just replaced the windshield
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #120
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Our policy doubled from $650 to $1300 in (5) yrs with Progressive. No Claims. We just changed to Blue Sky Ins for $600 and got more coverage.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #121

Going through the insurance game right now on a new Allegro. Have called 6 agencies and prices were somewhat the same, but they are also bundling my other 3 vehicles at the same time. I had Liberty Mutual on our primary Texas residence, , Florida townhouse, and cars for years, never had a claim, then all of a sudden, WHAM, the house policy almost doubles, just a few days before the due date. In a fit of rage, I went with Progressive as a last ditch fix, however, in the 5 months I have been with them, I learn that their owner supports and donates MY MONEY (premiums paid to Progressive) to organizations and political parties that I would not support in my wildest dreams. So before we pick up the MH next week, I am playing insurance roulette. Some companies are cheaper on the MH, some on the cars, some on the house, it varies wildly when the annual premiums approach $10,000 for everything (including Umbrella Liability policy). So far, GEICO is a strong contender, but still calling GMAC and another independent I saw in Motorhome magazine. GEICO will not insure the Florida property, so the game continues.
John777Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #122

+1 on Progressive.

I had them years ago 'till I found they were, in fact "progressive" in their politics.

Excessive political concerns? Maybe...depends on what is important to you. I need to know what my money is used for.

I really used to like Heintz ketchup too....
Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #123

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had Progressive, no claims, and about three years of reducing deductibles. Had a rock break the windshield of the Jeep. Found a local outfit that would replace it for $154 in my driveway. Called Progressive to find out how much it would cost going through them. They ABSOLUTELY refused to give me any information till I said (as coached) "that I want to file a claim". The quote was almost $400. I told them to cancel the claim (as they said I could). What they didn't say was that I lost the reducing deductible and my rates went up due to the "claim". When I went shopping for other companies Progressive told them that there was a claim on my record of $0 to $1000. They didn't bother to say it was $0. When I found out I contacted the State Insurance Comm., they said it was legal but certainly not ethical.

We now have GMAC.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #124

Country Coach Owners Club
I had Progressive for 12 years, first 10 with class C (E350 Tioga Fleetwood) and the last 2 with a Class A (06 County Coach).

My premium in 2010 for my 06 County Coach was $1400 per year. My renewal for 2013 was $2100 per year. 50% increase.

Good by Progressive and hello GMAC.

Dean
2006 Allure 430 #31437 (Cummins 400HP Engine), 2000 Tahoe Z71 Toad, Sanger V210 Ski Boat. Lifetime Good Sam Member, Lifetime NRA Member, US Army Vet
dean0283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #125

I think Progressive comes in with low rates to hook you, but has no intention of keeping you. I also priced GMAC and they were competitive on the MH quote but way high on the other 3 cars.
John777Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #126

Monaco Owners Club
We've had several over the years for the vehicles, right now it's Progressive for the RV, Bike and 4Runner. Bike insurance has gone down every year even with a claim on it 2 yrs ago from a deer running a stop sign and doing lots of damage to the Harley.

Tags
insurance