Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #1

Propane not flowing in 2003 Bounder

The propane isn't flowing in my 2003 bounder. I have gas nowhere fridge, stove, hw heater, furnace nowhere. The leak detector seem to be working fine the only thing I can think of left is a fuse somewhere or a bad emergency shut of switch. Anybody know if there is a fuse and where would it be.
Thanks
lightbolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Two items:

1) That vintage motorhome may have a propane detector that shuts off the propane. If you look at your propane tank, you may see the solenoid valve plumbed in just before the regulator. This solenoid is controlled by a propane sensor. Look around inside near the floor for a propane detector, make sure the detector is turned on.

2) Your tank may have a high flow shutoff, i.e. if the valve senses a high flow rate, it trips this safety feature and shuts off the flow. To reset it, turn the propane off at the tank. Then open the stove burners for about 30 seconds to bleed any pressure in the line. Turn them back off. Now, very slowly, crack open the main propane valve very slowly.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #3

Your Bounder was manufactured with a CCI 7719 propane detector with solenoid valve at the propane tank.
If you have an on/off switch on the detector it is original.
Turn detector off and then back on, when the detector quits beeping, you should hear a thunk from the solenoid valve. The thunk means the valve opened and the system is working. If you feel the need to hotwire the solenoid, the coil is 9 volts @ 0.1 amps. Do the math and add the necessary resistor.
If your detector has aged out, there are 3 options.
CCI is out of business.
1: Replace the detector/valve assembly with a Safe-T-Alert detector/valve assemble.
2: Remove the valve and replace the detector with an audible alert only.
3: Have your CCI 7719 repaired by Larry @ ccirepairs@gmail.com

I have one of Larry's repaired detectors on my bounder and it has worked well for 8 years.
I personally like the safety feature of having the propane shut off if there is a leak and you're not in the area.

Richard

Tags
bounder, propane