Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2023, 07:43 PM   #29

We downsized from a Prevost 45' to a 40' Allegro Bus in 2018 and had so many problems that 8 months later we traded for a 40' Newmar Mountain Aire. 9 weeks in Red Bay for repairs was enough. Tiffin had major build quality issues but I liked their engineering better than Newmar. Very expensive mistake.
augerdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2023, 08:23 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Agree, have owned all three brands, all are good, personal opinion will determine which is best
Cablemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 07:05 AM   #31

Dutch Star

If you’re planning on keeping this coach for years to come somethings I would consider. 1 chassis builder is this something that is going to be serviceable in years to come. Some build their own chassis and now have gone out of business this could present problems when needing service. I would also want to know how the bodies are constructed especially the roof and walls. I know Newmar at least the older units are aluminum structure on 16” center. Very solid to build on also the walls are not laminated therefore no delaminating. A-Z expert on YouTube has some good information I would encourage you to at least watch his videos on the different roofs. This is especially one of the most expensive and crucial items on a coach. Good luck choosing your new to you coach. One other item to consider any diesel pushers 06 and back do not have the emissions issues of the newer ones. There are a good supply of these units on the market at a reasonable price. If you consider the difference between one of the and the newer ones even doing upgrades and minimal repairs I believe you will come out with with a little more money left in the bank.
dillardgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 10:24 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Ever Tiffin owner I know is always sitting in Red Bay for service. WHY.
If you are asking that question, it's because you've never been there. If you had, you wouldn't.

It's like Tiffin is the mothership that's surrounded with RV experts that can handle just about anything RV related
Jim from BZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:47 PM   #33

Pros and Cons, Newmar vs Tiffin 2003-2010?

Delete
KenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 04:16 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just have 1 more thing for you as you search for your new to you rolling home. With the budget and years you are looking at, something to watch out for with the Tiffins is the wet bay floor rot issue and the roof rail issues of the time. A few searches here and you can find out more here. Not a deal breaker, but something to look out for.
All the best with your search. Be patient and look at lots of rigs so you know what are your go-to floorplans.

PS: There may have been some delamination issues of the walls too.
STRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:59 PM   #35

We're pretty happy with our '06 Bus, FWIW. I've found Tiffin's technical support for older coaches to be very good. It will inevitably decline as the older workers retire, though.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:18 AM   #36

+1 on watching AZ expert. He speaks highly of the golden era of Oregon built coaches, in particular the Beaver but you have to watch the years and vin numbers to get the right combination of roof/motor/chassis. I consider myself lucky to have stumbled across at the very least an aluminum roof on top an Oregon coach (blind luck but the price was so compelling I jumped). Don't discount the Safari brand although lots of concerns around the 4 bag Roadmaster chassis. I have have had no issues with mine fingers crossed. I am always looking at Beaver coaches on line and I am amazed at how they hold value.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 07:01 PM   #37

Forget both of them and go with a Monaco!

Tags
newmar, tiffin