Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Purchase Advice Please

Made a deal last week on a new 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31MA and trading my 2014 Winnebago Vista. Pulled some cash out of my 401 and created a tax event of $5,000. Scheduled the delivery in another state for Monday. Got a call from the sales manager on Friday who said they discovered an oil leak on the engine. Not sure where, but I did ask if it was the rear main. He said he thought it was coming from a bolt. I contacted the salesman later and asked where the leak was. He stated it was a bolt and their portable mechanic couldn't get to it so it will have to go to Ford for repair and they cant get to it for three weeks. I have put$500 down on the coach. I told both the salesman and the manager I want to know exactly where the leak was and what action was taken once it was fixed. Would be interested in any advice any of you could provide in this situation. They do not have a coach currently in stock that we are interested in. I have not asked if they have a similar coach coming in that is a 2018. Thanks in advance for the help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, what is the problem? Engine is under Ford warranty. Let them fix it and go camping.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #3

This is a new coach? If you haven't done anything but put down a deposit move on to the next. We know we have problems when we make these purchases. This one you are well aware of. To start with engine known engine issues. I would not do it.
jonesdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #4

Could be something simple. Wouldn't be too concerned since it's a new coach. I purchased a f150 back in 2008 brand new and it blew the transmission at 134 miles.

They put a new one in and I commenced to putting 34,000 worry free miles on it before I sold it.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:27 AM   #5

Just wondering why the dealer isn't having a Ford repair shop do the official warranty repair. If this had occurred after you purchased it, they wouldn't touch it.

The drive train should be the least of your worries. I'd also say to pass. Order a new one, get what you want (including Sumo Springs). You've made a 5 grand sacrifice to get this, it should be without issues as much as possible. If they don't get the problem fixed and you bought it, you may have to take it to Ford yourself. The last coach I had that I took to ford, sat for 5 weeks for a 3 day job.

If you can delay gratification, order it. Sounds like your dealer is fairly decent as at least they told you, so they'll probably understand. You're going to have this rig for quite a while. Get what you want.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I would want a new problem free unit ......they are not telling you the whole story
dsnutes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, purchase