Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Seems like everywhere I go I see more people inventing things out of plastic pipe.
Flag Poles
Cloths racks
Table legs
A game with golf balls
What else is people using this stuff for?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Seems like everywhere I go I see more people inventing things out of plastic pipe.
Flag Poles
Cloths racks
Table legs
A game with golf balls
What else is people using this stuff for?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Some people actually use it for plumbing and conduit!

Then there are wifi and cell phone antenna masts, custom measuring sticks for various purposes (like how far your slide out projects when open), battery filler systems and tools, props to keep bay doors and car trunks open, and whatever else your imagination comes up with.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 AM   #4
paz

I've seen plans for a spacer to keep your slide topper from sagging and for making a low mount for a satellite dish. I also saw a fairly nice tow shield whose frame was made from PVC pipe.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #5

Two things and RVer cannot do without. PVC pipe and duct tape with WD-40 hanging in on a close 3rd. I have one pass through tray that opens out 6' in either direction. On one side of it I fastened down a 5" square PVC pipe that Lowes was selling as a slide on fence post to cover 4 X 4 fence post---for me It os a great place to store my fold up ladder which before always collected stuff on top of it so I could not get the ladder out without reorganizing the basement. Suspended from the top of the same basement compartment is a 5' X 4" PVC round pipe and the rolled up windshield cover stores in there very nicely. A 1 and 1/2 " Pvc pipe with a glued on straight connector makes a great storage device for the awning rod-by using the connector the ring end will not pass through thus the rod does not migrate into the pipe. I have several 1 and 1/2" PVC pipes suspended from the ceiling with glued on caps on the inboard end and store brooms, wash brush extender handles, etc. A neighbor uses the same configuration for storing fishing poles.

The beauty of it is you do not have a mega investment that could be left at trade-in and then start over, Ken,'04 DSDP....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #6

Hello;
I use a 2" X 10 ft. to store my Sewer Solution extention in. That is fastened to the backside of my slide bays, the end is exposed to allow access.
Great stuff....
Scratch

2006 Itasca Meridian 39K
Scratch & Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #7

Ken, I grabbed a note pad and wrote down some of your suggestions. I had a terrible time this past weekend pulling out my fold up ladder due to stuff on top of it. Once, my awning rod got stuck in my slide.
I now have another project. Small dollars and big results. My kind of fun.
Thanks again, Jerry
Old 05-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #8

Makes a great Tater Gun.

Ladder Golf Game

Dog agility obsticles
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #9

I have seen bike racks constructed out of PVC pipe that will hold two bikes upright. It all tears down into just pieces when you are ready to leave. I wish I had taken a picture of them.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
made a nice mount for my Wilson cell phone antenna out of pvc. I love the stuff! the mount is held to the side ofmy rig with industrial Velcro. Works very well.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #11

I use a combination of plastic rain gutter and pvc pipe to support my sewer hose. The gutter is cut into various lengths and the pvc is used as support for the gutters. Inexpensive and really easy to use.
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rvten:
Makes a great Tater Gun.

rvten, what caliber did you make? Mine is 3 incher.

Dieselclacker
Old 05-08-2007, 05:44 AM   #13

I have not made one. But a friend of ours did.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #14

I agree with using a large diameter PVC pipe to store all sorts of long rods and poles in the bay. I used the light drain pipe since it doesn't need to be strong. Recently I used 4" PVC pipe and a PVC end cap to make a housing for my USB wifi adapter which I mounted on my TV antenna.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote