Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2023, 06:10 PM   #1

Quadra BigFoot Calibration (2002 Geotgie Boy)

I have a 2002 Georgie Boy Landau with a BigFoot Automatic Control Panel w/Manual option. First time leveling this year in Auto mode and the system did fine from left to right but the back of the motor home was higher than the front when the system indicated that it was level. My manual doesn't have a calibration for the panels with Manual option. Any ideas if there's a process out there that I'm missing? I see the process for the semi-auto option but I'm not sure if I should use that.

Thanks in advance.
Wishlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2023, 07:08 PM   #2

Download the manual for your system from Quadra.

Ours may be different - but here it is. They have a larger manual (from years ago... but that too large to attach here).

Call them - they will walk you through it - they're great folks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bigfoot Quadra 2.pdf (841.2 KB, 32 views)
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:35 AM   #3

I know a few months later - but just to confirm with the manual info Domo provided -

The Zero Mode programming of functions as described apply to the smaller, older panel shown on the right hand side of the first page.

I had contacted BigFoot via email as our coach is a GB built around the same time as the original OP’s was built (see below).
Some how ours got into Zero Mode, and they sent me an older manual, similar to the one Domo provided, that gave all the instructions except the one that said “Once the coach is level, press the Level button 3 times to save”.
After emailing with them once again where they gave me that final instruction, our levelers are working properly again.

I edited their scanned PDF version of the manual for them and replied back my programing success as well as a copy of the edited manual for when they provide that version for others.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:08 AM   #4

Quadra BigFoot Calibration (2002 Geotgie Boy)

Thanks for responding MrMark as I'd been meaning to respond. I had to wait until I tried it a few times. I was able to get into Zero mode, level the coach, and save the information. I would say that it worked okay. However, to be honest, in learning this process, I have become quite accustomed to leveling the coach manually and can do a better job than the "Auto" feature. There appeared to be some small variance in the "Auto" process. Nevertheless, I'm happy that the leveling system is working. And, if anyone is ever in New England and needs a leveler replaced (one of mine kept dropping down every few days), B&B Truck and RV Service Center in Farmington, NH did a great job for me. They worked with Quadra and got the job done.
Wishlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 04:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishlist View Post
Thanks for responding MrMark as I'd been meaning to respond. I had to wait until I tried it a few times. I was able to get into Zero mode, level the coach, and save the information. I would say that it worked okay. However, to be honest, in learning this process, I have become quite accustomed to leveling the coach manually and can do a better job than the "Auto" feature. There appeared to be some small variance in the "Auto" process. Nevertheless, I'm happy that the leveling system is working. And, if anyone is ever in New England and needs a leveler replaced (one of mine kept dropping down every few days), B&B Truck and RV Service Center in Farmington, NH did a great job for me. They worked with Quadra and got the job done.
Thanks for the update!

I actually just had one rebuilt. Bought the kit from BigFoot with the intention of rebuilding myself - but I wasn’t certain of how to get the clip out of the bottom (was led to believe it was a C-clip - it isn’t.

Turns out I took it over to a local hydraulic shop - dropped it off on Tuesday, paid an hour of shop labor, picked it up on Wednesday.

It had gotten to where it would retract slowly, and not retract fully when it finally did.

Hydraulic shop said all the seals were torn up and he could only find all the pieces of about 1/2 of the seals in 1 piece.

If I need another rebuilt - I’m taking it to them!