Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #1

Quality TPMS

I'm looking into a quality TPMS for 12 tires. I don't know mush about them but heard some have a 5-15 minute delay is readings, some have replacement batteries while others read temperature as well. It seems to me they should display both pressure and temperature with an almost continuous readout in case of a blow-out. Any suggestions are appreciated and if you know the cost of the device let me know.
It also makes sense to me that they have the ability to test and fill tires without moving sensor.
Thank you and have nice Labor Day everybody.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #2

I purchased the Tire-SafeGuard system for 6 Class C RV tires and 4 toad tires. One of the things I liked about the system is that it did not require a repeater to get the toad signals to the display in the front of the RV. Depending on your coach, this may or may not apply.
On the RV front tires I used non-passthrough sensors (the kind you have to take off to add air). Clearance problems with the front wheel covers prevented use of pass-through sensors. I used pass-through sensors on the four rear RV tires. The toad got non-passthrough sensors.
The system did take up to 30 minutes to start reading all the pressures and temperatures. I got into the habit of starting the receiver/display when I got up for breakfast on the days we were hitting the road.
The tech support guy at HCI (the manufacturer) was very responsive, even to the point of sharing his cell phone number. At one point, I had to resynchronize the sensors and display, and he worked me through it over the phone.
The components come pre-programmed from the factory. You can install them on your coach in less than an hour. If you end up exchanging sensors (as I did on the RV front tires, for the cost of postage, only), you will have to reprogram the system. I will say that it took me a while to figure out how to cycle through the screens to reprogram the system. It's not especially intuitive. I looked at the manuals for several systems, and none of them looked any easier to program.
Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

About six of us in my Jeep club bought our from here:

Truck System Technologies

So far, so good. One of our guys actually was about to lose two tires on his trailer and the monitor sounded before it bacame a real issue. One was on the way to a Jeeping adventure and the second on the way home. That convinced me to buy.

So far none of us has had to use the repeater, but I have my motorhome wired with it, just have to put a fuse in it to make it work. I am just checking to see how it works over time.

We all bought ten, so we can monitor the vehicles we are towing.

Some bought the flow through type. I decided not to get those. They are a little larger. I also removed the safety shield, so I guess someone could steal, but I don't think it is an issue. Oh, I have used on my boat trailer and it is still working nicely after getting submerged launching.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We run Tire Minder on 14 tires. Have had some minor issues but the service has been stellar. Saved one tire already.

You can set a pressure and temperature range that seems to work well.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We run Tire Minder on 14 tires. Have had some minor issues but the service has been stellar. Saved one tire already.

X2 Saved one of my tires too.
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #6

Totally agree with Rich. I've had this system for 2 1/2 years now. First one 5r and moved to my DP. When I did I needed 2 more (6 wheels instead of 4) they helped me set them up and add, on the phone. While on the phone I mentioned my antenna was loose on base unit, and they said, well let us send you a new base unit. NEXT day I had new base. Called me,,, and said let's set er up! Has worked beautifully. Shows both pressure and temp, and has a range you can set for alarms. Needless to say customer service exceptional. I think you can add up to like 18 tires. Great system

HR Ambassador 38 PDQ 360DP
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Installed the EezRV system this spring and am very happy with it. Clear, easy to read display, pressure and temp, simple install and robust transmitter, no lost signals.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #8

FYI, The FMCA magazine this month has an article on this subject. Evaluates the features and cost of the various options.

have a nice day - Darrel
Old 09-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I've had my Pressure Pro now going on seven years with the same non-replaceable batteries and no repeater necessary. No temp capability but the signals are checked every few seconds. It does take several minutes in the morning for all 12 tires/sensors to come up to speed.

PP is probably the most expensive system available, but from my personal experience, it has been worth every penny. It will be a little costly to replace all 12 sensors (pretty soon, I expect).

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TST.... 3 years
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I really like my EEZ so far.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I really like my EEZ so far.
jt
I do as well. I just added a repeater in the closet because I was losing some sensors while driving. They were not reporting. We will see shortly if that solves the issue. The need for the repeater is really coach dependent.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
I've had my Pressure Pro now going on seven years with the same non-replaceable batteries and no repeater necessary. No temp capability but the signals are checked every few seconds. It does take several minutes in the morning for all 12 tires/sensors to come up to speed.

PP is probably the most expensive system available, but from my personal experience, it has been worth every penny. It will be a little costly to replace all 12 sensors (pretty soon, I expect).

Ron
I figured the cost would be higher but worth it if they are quality and last. Do you have concerns without the temp sensor?
Thanks
Old 09-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post

Thanks for the info. I see you have a F450 as do I along with a Tour. I was not sure you could use the F as a toad

Tags
quality