Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quartzite dealerships

We're currently in Quartzite and have seen that several different dealerships have set up showrooms in various places.

McMahon - I won't set foot there. Previous very bad experience.

Camping World - mmmmmm yeah, not gonna happen.

The two big ones that I know of are Johnson and LaMesa RV.

Anybody got advice about those two?

Thanks,
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #2

Paul Everts is by the big tent. That is where I got my Camelot. :-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We've done business with Johnson RV (Used RV for Sale | Used motorhomes for Sale| Portland, Oregon | Denver, Colorado) twice. Very above board. Did everything on the list from the PDI plus several other things we found later. \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #4

Don't know anything about Johnson, but we bought a 40' Allegro Bus from La Mesa in Tucson in 2008. The La Mesa dealerships are VERY, VERY different from each other. I don't know who runs the Q location. We were well pleased with our deal from Tucson and also the service we got when we bought it in over the years. In fact, they are one of only about 4 places in the country I'll let service my Tiffin. I do almost all my own work, so I do know good service when I see it. Unfortunately service we received in the Mesa, La Mesa was just the opposite. I wouldn't go back there on a bet if they were the last place on earth. Sloppy maintenance and they flat out lied to us. The La Mesa in Yuma didn't seem too interested in showing us the new Busses they had on site when we were looking. I had no parts or repair experience there at all.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #5

I have the same great service at La Mesa in Tucson and I don't buy my motorhomes from them. Anytime I need warranty service they are ready to correct the problem. We are in Q now, but do not know much about the dealership there either.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks for the input!

I tweaked my back yesterday and will not be going much of anywhere for the next couple of days. If we stick to the plan we're out of here Saturday so my thoughts of leaving Q in a new coach have all but dried up.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Thanks for the input!

I tweaked my back yesterday and will not be going much of anywhere for the next couple of days. If we stick to the plan we're out of here Saturday so my thoughts of leaving Q in a new coach have all but dried up.
Buying in AZ is not a big problem, but be very careful exactly WHERE you sign the deal. AZ tax varies GREATLY city by city, and a show in Q means you'll be paying the very steep Q sales tax.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Taxes

I wasn't actually planning on buying here. . I knew about the taxes and I know better than to buy at a show. But I wanted to at least look at the 2014's.

It is what it is. At least my satellite dish is working.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #9

Years ago, I bought a new 1999 Bounder 39Z from Earnharts in Mesa. I was going to license it in WI, so the salesman drove to Blyth, CA. We signed the papers and paid for it there. We were given a 45 day temp license and paid the sales tax in WI when we got home. No other charges.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer