Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Ramco Mirror

• Did not see a thread for this but I'm trying to find out how to tighten up a Ramco Mirror. Believe it is a Model 1752 on a 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire. Anyone know or have instruction manual with a picture on how it is attached to the motor home body. Products website shows a picture of the mirror. There is a chrome cover on the bottom of the mirror when removed exposes a bolt to take the arm off but it must be turning inside and does not loosen or tighten. There is a small hole on the bottom of the mirror as well next to the body of the coach and there does not appear to be a setscrew up inside that I could tighten. I have emailed Ramco for help too. Any experience with this?
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
If it is anything close to the mirrors on our 06 Essex, there is a cap on the bottom of the cover that 9/16 socket tightens mirror arm and then allen screws around mirror head base to tighten it. Hope that helps.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #3

This what I have. You replied before I could get pictures posted. Wow. Great. Quick question. Does the arm have to be removed to get to the screws?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #4

Mirror

Just to clarify, it isn't the upper portion of the mirror assembly that is loose. It is the curved piece that attaches to the motor home body (in the picture above it is at the bottom right corner. The bottom of the arm attaches to the piece that I would like to tighten up.).
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #5

There is basically a ball joint at both locations (mirror head and body mount) and both tightened the same way. I never got a response from Ramco as to proper torque, but it needs to be closer to "tight" than to "firm".
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Rick

To get to those bolts, the mirror arm has to come off so you can remove the chrome plastic bezel (bolts are under there). You will need something to hold the mirror and arm once it is loose as all the control wires for mirror are routed through there.
Good Luck.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same mirror on my Monaco Camelot. I have to pull out the generator and reach up from to the back of the mirror there are 4 nuts on the backside that hold the mirror to the motorhome
srx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #8

ramco mirror

Thanks for all the replies. I also heard back from Newmar and Ramco customer service this morning. Both confirmed what was said above. Round Plastic cover on bottom must be removed, bolt removed from bottom holding arm on to base. Once arm is removed, plastic cover over base can be removed to access inter mounting plate that attaches with four screws. Haven't totally removed it all yet. It's a chore to get the arm out once the bolt has been removed. Wedged in there pretty good.