Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #85

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rv statistics

Bremer Speck,

The Truck statistics in the Magellan are the same as an RV. Height, weight, width, length, etc. No difference in actual application. I will say that so far, I am not enamored of my Magellan, even though I have 4 other Magellans and love them.

There seems to be a fault in their programming, which I was told is being corrected and an upgrade is going out the end of this month.

If they do not correct it, I will be looking strongly at the RM7710. I saw it at the California RV show and it looks very complicated. I will have to test it more to see if it is really complicated, or just looks that way.

Happy Trails!

Darryl
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #86

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Darryl, I called Magellan this week about the very same thing and was told that they come out with a update every 3 months and they just released the 1.26 update about three weeks ago, that it will be around the first of the year before the next one comes out.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure which, but either the new Magellan, or the new Rand RM7710 is advertised as having the full Good Sam Campground information included as part of the POI's. This would certainly depict RV status.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #88

Hey PNV

U still wanting to get rid of gps? "Real Cheap" what u asking? pm me.

Ubootow
Old 10-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
I'm not sure which, but either the new Magellan, or the new Rand RM7710 is advertised as having the full Good Sam Campground information included as part of the POI's. This would certainly depict RV status.
I know there has been quite a discussion back and forth between the Magellan and Rand McNally and I have been on both sides. I was almost ready to just say the h(## with it until I just found a great deal on Amazon.com for $299.00 including shipping for the Rand McNally RVND7710. They are temporally out of stock but should have them soon.
This unit has the Campgroung info....
Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #90

Amazon seems to have the best price so even though I already have the Rand Mcnally 5510, I ordered the 7710.

You are right they don't have any right now but are getting some in soon.

I just hope the detail in sharper then the 5510
Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #91
Community Administrator

Just received an email offer from FMCA to purchase a 7710 for a special( ha ha ) price of 399.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 10-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwalkers26 View Post
Amazon seems to have the best price so even though I already have the Rand Mcnally 5510, I ordered the 7710.

You are right they don't have any right now but are getting some in soon.

I just hope the detail in sharper then the 5510
From everything I have read the image is very good. You are the only guy I know that will have GPS in stereo
Old 10-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Just received an email offer from FMCA to purchase a 7710 for a special( ha ha ) price of 399.
I am most likely the only person who does not know what FMCA stands for??

I have another question and since you seem to have quite a few...what do all the little campfires stand for?

Dick
Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #94
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd2 View Post
I am most likely the only person who does not know what FMCA stands for??

I have another question and since you seem to have quite a few...what do all the little campfires stand for?

Dick
Family Motor Coach Assn.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #95

Monaco Owners Club
FMCA-----Family Motor Coach Association.
As for the campfires, it represents how many post you have made to the forum.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #96

Workhorse Chassis Owner
TND710 vs RVND7710

Our first ever GPS is the Truckers 7inch Rand Mcnally TND710. Skipped the 5 inch RV model and purchased before the 7inch RV model was announced.

First unit, Version 0.0 was promptly exchanged by RM for Version 1.1. Screen is brighter, more HD?, flickering issues corrected, and is noticeably faster and so far no resets needed. Remember I have no experience with others to compare.

I have no problem using the truck settings with my Class A as most of the log, service and timer functions can be set to not alarm. Height and width are fully ajustable and I just pick a truck option that looks most like us towing or not towing.

At first I thought I might be missing out on all those neat RV'er functions but so far all the POI's and stops I wanted to make in 3000miles have been right on.

Switching between Car and RV is simple and while most complain the 7inch screen is too large for a car, I like mine just fine off the dash and in front of the CRV's radio.

Looking forward to the RVND7710 user reviews to follow.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Hard to beat Amazon...
Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #98

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
AGAIN does anyone know who is the supplier of the mapping software? If it is some "unknown" company the unit will have a limited life span. I would consider that information the most important decision in buying the unit.
Map database is Navteq
Closed Thread

Tags
gps