Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
Ed, the reason no one has been able to give you a review of the RVND7710 is they have not been available. Supposedly they were to start shipping October 1. I ordered one a couple weeks ago from Camping World and they gave me an expected ship date of October 18. Once I receive it and try it out, I'll let everyone know how it works for me.
I just ordered one too. I think that makes three people in this thread alone, including me, that have ordered one. We will have some input soon or a few GPS's for sale in the classifieds

Dick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #16

We ordered ours 3 weeks ago and the ship date is now into 1st week of November. I had to pay for a new map update on my nuvi and use it for the first part of our road trip and redirect the ship-to location to Texas. I will post how I like it as soon as I know.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #17

I too ordered a new RMN 7710 at the FMCA Nat'l and expect it in mid Oct.....Have used Nuvi and TomTom for years but hoping the 7" will be more visable in MH....
Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #18

There has been a lot of discussion on another forum about the Rand McNally 5510. The larger percentage of buyers have sent them back.

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60Csx that I use for geocaching and recently purchased a Garmin 1450LMT. I use Mapsource to create routes for both of my machines. I purchased a subscription to LowClearances.com and added the data to the 1450LMT for adhoc situations. I set the 1450LMT to reming me of a low clearance when I get with 1 mile of it.

I also created a "rv trip template" in Mapsource with the LowClearance data and other POI's that I have gotten from the POI Factory. I plan long trips with campground stops, fuel stops, etc., in the template then perform a Save As with the name of the route. Then I transfer the route data to 1450LMT.

I would love to see Garmin offer something for RV's. Good luck to those of you that ordered the McNally unit.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #19

Bought the Magellan 9165T . Has all of the same but Good Sam is well plotted and more as a benefit to most..BLUE TOOTH. Synced my IPone in seconds and now have a GPS that will call and answer my phone contacts.

PLUS : the lifetime free traffic updates are awesome...drove to Montreal last weekend and the Live Updates was BANG on ! Very impressed.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We ordered the RandMcNally 7710 at the FMCA Rally in Madison. Should receive it in a couple of weeks. There seems to be enough of us that we will be able to give a broad product review for everyone else!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd2 View Post
I have always been surprised at the number of late model RV's that do not
come with a factory installed GPS. I know there are several that do have it as an option. I would be very interested to know what other forum members have done and what your thoughts are on the new Rand McNally
RVGPS. I hope this link works:

TripMaker® RVND™

Thanks
Dick
just bought the Tripmaker RVND7710 it cost me $286.19 (Florida tax included).
we will be heading to the FMCA eastern rally Oct. 19..will let you know how it works out when we gt back home
Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #22

Quote:
I have always been surprised at the number of late model RV's that do not
come with a factory installed GPS. I know there are several that do have it as an option. I would be very interested to know what other forum members have done and what your thoughts are on the new Rand McNally
RVGPS. I hope this link works:

TripMaker® RVND™

Thanks
Dick
Dick,....i goofed ..the price i quoted was for the 5510...will take it back for the 7710
peter d
Old 10-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by randco View Post
There has been a lot of discussion on another forum about the Rand McNally 5510. The larger percentage of buyers have sent them back.

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60Csx that I use for geocaching and recently purchased a Garmin 1450LMT. I use Mapsource to create routes for both of my machines. I purchased a subscription to LowClearances.com and added the data to the 1450LMT for adhoc situations. I set the 1450LMT to reming me of a low clearance when I get with 1 mile of it.

I also created a "rv trip template" in Mapsource with the LowClearance data and other POI's that I have gotten from the POI Factory. I plan long trips with campground stops, fuel stops, etc., in the template then perform a Save As with the name of the route. Then I transfer the route data to 1450LMT.

I would love to see Garmin offer something for RV's. Good luck to those of you that ordered the McNally unit.
Could you enlighten us as to why they seem to be sending them back or give a link to the discussion?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 10-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV GPS

I just bought and received the Magellan 9165T GPS for RVr's. i have not traveled with it yet, but I really like the features! I already have the Magellan 7" GPS for the MH, but I wanted a new 'toy'!

The features I found in the 9165T are excellent. Bluetooth, Good Sam Parks, Private Parks, Public Campgrounds, Vehicle dimensions, One Touch addresses, Itinerary Routing, etc.

Very easy to use touch screen. Lifetime Traffic, free upgrades to programming, detour routing, Roadside services in screen. The roadside services is an Icon that appears when you are on a main road. If you press it, a list of gas stations, rest areas, restuarants and lodging that is nearby will appear in the screen. It comes with an extra long mounting bracket, with a large suction cup base, that really sticks! You can stick it on the side window and it will be close enough to see easily, and make changes, if needed. Also included is the 12V plug-in and a home charger. USB cable to connect to the internet for upgrades. Only thing missing is a padded cover for the unit itself. They sell it separately for $20.00.

It lists at $399.99, but Magellan is offering an upgrade price of 20% off, making it $319.99 plus tax and shipping. Cost me $350.19 total.

So far, just fiddling with it and learning how to program, I really like it!

happy Trails!

Darryl
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I have the RM 5510. First one locked up right out of the box. After returning it 2 times for same problem, a new one was sent to me. It seems to work fine. Sometimes slow to inputs. Not as fast as the Garmins I own. I am still waiting for Rand to send me all the shipping, brokers fees etc that I had to pay. After calling they said they would pay the costs to ship, I am still waiting, it has been about 2 months. It has cost well over $300 so far. I would not buy the new 7 inch unit before I hear how it works.
Rebel
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainee View Post
just bought the Tripmaker RVND7710 it cost me $286.19 (Florida tax included).
we will be heading to the FMCA eastern rally Oct. 19..will let you know how it works out when we gt back home
Elainee

That's a great deal. Do you mind letting us know where you got it??

Dick
Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Elainee

That's a great deal. Do you mind letting us know where you got it??

Dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainee View Post
Dick,....i goofed ..the price i quoted was for the 5510...will take it back for the 7710
peter d
Some things are just too good to be true.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 10-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
Ed, the reason no one has been able to give you a review of the RVND7710 is they have not been available. Supposedly they were to start shipping October 1. I ordered one a couple weeks ago from Camping World and they gave me an expected ship date of October 18. Once I receive it and try it out, I'll let everyone know how it works for me.
Waiting with "baited breath".
Closed Thread

Tags
gps