Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Rattling front windows

Does anyone have a solution for the rattling of the sliding windows beside the driver and passenger? I have a 2008 Holiday Rambler Arista that has a lot of noise generated from the glass rattling in the frame. Can this be stopped?
CampOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a 1995 safari that the screens were the rattle noise source, not the windows themselves. A small folded piece of cardboard wedged against the screen would stop it.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #3

Don't have screens... But have considered stuffing a piece of cardboard against the glass.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #4

I was reading a post on Windows rattling and someone replied that there is a piece of plastic that slides into a groove and prevents the windows to stop rattling. The sliders were the HEHR brand. I will try to find the post. Very irritating especially if the drivers side is rattling.
WillsDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Had a rattle when we purchased our 2012 Thor Ace. Told Lazy Days about it when they did their 30 day warranty work. When we picked up and drove it home the rattle was gone. I inspected the window and noticed that they had taken a few of the interior screws out of the window. I'm okay with that. Just glad the rattle is gone.
RVi 2 Auxiliary Braking System
iRent2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #6

Weep Hole Covers

They are called weep hole covers and they slide or push into the drain slots in the windows. Most RV repair centers will have access and should take about 5 minutes to install, then ready yourself for the quiet that the factory should have installed. Drains will still work.
jlatitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I stuck the fuzzy side of some sticky back velcro fasteners in the window groove for my rattling screen windows, it stopped the rattling.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This worked for me.

Although my sliders already had the plastic anti rattle clips, there seemed to be an excessive amount of movement within the track so I just tried a couple of different size foam pre-caulking backer rod that can be found in any hardware store. Ran it from the top to the bottom of the track where the glass butts into the track when closed. I was careful not to close off any of the weep holes. The end of the glass presses up against it and no more rattle! Seemed to also eliminate a lot of the wind noise too.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #9

I have gathered a lot of ideas and information from the comments posted. I have ordered some Hehr anti-rattle clips after discovering that the windows did not have any. Hopefully that will alleviate the excess noise. Thanks for all the comments.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:01 AM   #10

We went around the window with duct tape, just looks like window trim, when the window's closed you don't even see it

Tags
window