Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2022, 06:15 PM   #1

Real World Experience Selling A Motorhome

I am looking to sell my 2020 motorhome. I have a lot of equity and very little debt. My question is, how do I get my equity out of the motorhome and still pay off the loan. The bank said they are only interested in the remaining balance on the loan and did not want to collect the selling price of the motorhome and then refund the excess money to me. The bank also mentioned it could take months to refund the excess money to me but it would only take about two weeks to pay off the loan and send me the title. In addition, I can see where a buyer would not want to give me the full selling price of the motorhome and hope that I pay off the loan.

I would appreciate hearing from any seller or buyer that has experience with this. Please, please, do not respond if you do not have any first hand experience. I don't want to hear from someone who has a friend that did this or knows a friend of a friend that did this.
skitcharoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2022, 06:23 PM   #2

Sell it thru a consignment dealer who will arrange financing for the buyer and send you the net proceeds.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:14 PM   #3

here in Canada if the check is made out to the owner and the lien holder then the proceeds can be immediately split
Old 03-14-2022, 10:04 PM   #4
ptl

I just bought a motorhome about an hour and a half from where I live and just went through this. What I did was I went to the bank where the owner had an account and did a wire to wire transfer from my bank to theirs. As soon as that went through we went to the bank where the loan was and I watched and got proof that they paid off the loan that was still on the motorhome. The loan was about half of the selling price. Then from there I went and got the motorhome along with a receipt and took it home. Then I had to wait about a week for the DMV to show the lien had been released. Once that happened I contacted the owner and we set up an appointment with the DMV to have the title transferred, that was another week. We both went to the DMV and had the title transferred. This was in Florida and the title and lien were held electronically and the only way to release the lien was electronically by the lienholder.
ptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitcharoo View Post
I am looking to sell my 2020 motorhome. I have a lot of equity and very little debt. My question is, how do I get my equity out of the motorhome and still pay off the loan. The bank said they are only interested in the remaining balance on the loan and did not want to collect the selling price of the motorhome and then refund the excess money to me. The bank also mentioned it could take months to refund the excess money to me but it would only take about two weeks to pay off the loan and send me the title. In addition, I can see where a buyer would not want to give me the full selling price of the motorhome and hope that I pay off the loan.

I would appreciate hearing from any seller or buyer that has experience with this. Please, please, do not respond if you do not have any first hand experience. I don't want to hear from someone who has a friend that did this or knows a friend of a friend that did this.
Buyer wires the payoff portion directly to the bank that holds the loan, wires the balance to you. This can all be done as you are sitting at a table so everyone feels safe. I did this on a boat purchase. I felt better paying off the loan directly with a bill of sale already completely, spelling out the way the payments would be made and signed by seller and buyer.
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motorhome, sell