Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #1

Rear HWH jacks not deploying - fuses?

The rear HWH jacks are not deploying - the fronts are ok. I have checked the chassis and house fuse\relay panel in front of the drive-side wheel and the main breaker panel (some fuses there also) in the bedroom. Is the HWH system fused or have a relay somewhere I have not looked? Or is this a pump issue?

Note: When I deploying the front jacks, only a small extension brought the coach to level. However, shouldn't the rear jacks at least touch ground?

Thanks much
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I assume you're using an auto leveling function.
Will the rear jacks move if you switch to manual?

Like you, I would expect that the rear jacks would at least deploy to touch the ground. But it could be that when the front jacks leveled the coach quickly that the rear ones just weren't deployed.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post

Like you, I would expect that the rear jacks would at least deploy to touch the ground. But it could be that when the front jacks leveled the coach quickly that the rear ones just weren't deployed.
Thanks, Podivin. No, rears won't deploy when I touch manual extension button.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:02 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
A HWH employee is on the forum. Look for the user name "azpete" and send him a PM. He can help you troubleshoot the problem.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
The rear HWH jacks are not deploying - the fronts are ok. I have checked the chassis and house fuse\relay panel in front of the drive-side wheel and the main breaker panel (some fuses there also) in the bedroom. Is the HWH system fused or have a relay somewhere I have not looked? Or is this a pump issue?

Note: When I deploying the front jacks, only a small extension brought the coach to level. However, shouldn't the rear jacks at least touch ground?

Thanks much
On my HWH 310 there are a couple of fuses next to the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6BB67C3F-37C9-4D47-A270-364640AE8D53.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	199104  
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #6

What model system do you have? 610 or 625 or even the 7xx?

On my 610 system it shows fuses for each jack - they are on the control box. My control box is under the dash strapped to the firewall.
You can download the manual if you don't have one.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #7

Thanks, JaminSamin and Rkins. I will check the controller near the pump for fuses.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #8

Replace the fuses. Doesn't matter if they look good. Worked for me a couple of years ago and still fine. We'd look pretty stupid if that was the problem, wouldn't we?
Old 04-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take loose the ground lug with a bunch of white wires. Clean the lug, wire connecters to get rid of dirt debris and corrosion, make sure all is clean and has star washers throughout, retighten . Seventy five percent of HWH problems have to do with a bad ground. The other problem is the positive lug on the pump motor. Good Luck
Winnebago Journey 2002 WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000 5 speed, Air Dog Rapter Lift pump, Michelin XRV all around, TOAD; Xterra 2012 4X4 Auto, driveshaft disconnect. ATT MOBLEY, $20 unlimited internet.
GAGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #10
Commercial Member

you need a service/operators manual. that will show the location of the fuses and functions of each inside the control box. you most likely have a 625 leveling system. email me and i will send you a copy.
you can identify which system you have by
the touch panel. if it says hwh hydraulic leveling, its a manual push button system. if it says hwh computerized leveling, its a 625 system.
the 4 15 amp fuses at the top of the box are for the hydraulic jack solenoids. if they, or any one of them are blown, you have a burned out solenoid. when two of them are not working, that indicates either a bad ground, or a burned out solenoid. they use parallel grounding, so the one next to the burned out one is also a problem. when you have two burned out, its best to either replace all four, or have them all rebuilt.
email me at pfmaddox@att.net. i havent figured how to attach files here yet.
i can help. 1-602-549-3638
paul maddox
i work for hwh. i do not advertise, or sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post

This is a two-stage system. First it levels, to turn off the orange lights. Then it goes into stabilize mode where all 4 jacks MUST touch the ground and have enough resistance to trigger a pressure switch on each jack. This should not affect the level although a couple of times mine stabilized, which turned an out-of-level light on, where it promptly raised that side to turn it off again. The only way you should have jacks off the ground is if you manually level and don't do it properly leaving some jacks up.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #12

Bob remember that the OPs system is an old one. Mine is even older and it dumps air first and then starts leveling, front jacks down first and then rear. It never tries to raise the vehicle much or I've just been lucky and had fairly level sites.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #13

Thanks folks, I have been sidetracked by the wonderful weather here at Tybee Island after leaving Delaware.

The HWH model # is AP30043 as indicated on a lable next to the pump. I now see that there is an electronic control panel behind plexiglass which contains relays & fuses.

azpete, thanks. I will email you for operators/service manual.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:50 AM   #14

Update

Had a heck of a time getting the gen to slide out to access the control panel (behind the plexiglass). Now, how do I open the cover without damaging it in order to access the fuses? There is a heavy rubber gasket all the way around the panel and it doesn't feel as if it wants to slide off very easy. Don't want to force anything. As azpete (Paul) mentioned, there are four 15 watt fuses on the top row to be examined.

Paul, I sent you another email, this time with my email address spelled out (duh!).

Tags
fuse, fuses, hwh, jacks