Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Before you spend your money with HWH try these folks: HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services
Great to talk with and very knowledgeable. Good prices and fast delivery time.
Rick Y
Time for an update.....

After discussing my problem with Paul Maddox, a frequent and well respected contributor here, we concluded that the rear solenoids were shorted and suspected that the rear jacks were failing to retract completely. He suggested that I contact HWH Corporation concerning replacement parts. I immediately sent them an email along with a follow up phone call.

I waited for a reply from HWH but after not hearing anything from them for over a week, I contacted Chuck Stewart at Stewart's Service this past Monday as suggested by Rick Young (aka jerichorick). After a VERY lengthly discussion, he wasn't totally convinced that both rear jacks needed to be repaired. He suspected the problem was actually my waiting for the system to "time out" because the right front jack wasn't retracting completely and frequently needed a little "persuasion" by prying it up with a 2X4 or shovel. Apparently, 12 volt current is supplied to all four solenoids when the system is operative and causes the solenoids to eventually die an early death. His recommendation was to first replace the solenoid valves for the two rear jacks and replacing the poorly functioning right front jack before also replacing the two rear jacks. If that works, then great. If not, then replacing the rear jacks would also need to be addressed. I placed an order from him after I talked to him late Monday morning and the parts were at my door at noon on Wednesday.

His recommendation to replace the solenoid valves and the right front jack was spot on and it now works perfectly. I wasn't able to get to it until today because our coach is parked outside and the weather has been pretty crappy but, thanks to a little online tutoring, the repair itself turned out to be a pretty simple affair. It probably only took an hour or so to complete but, of course, that's actual "working" time. I somehow managed to stretch it out an extra hour or two by drinking a couple of beers and talking to the neighbors because that's just what some of us old retired folks do!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your help!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2020, 08:26 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
Time for an update.....

After discussing my problem with Paul Maddox, a frequent and well respected contributor here, we concluded that the rear solenoids were shorted and suspected that the rear jacks were failing to retract completely. He suggested that I contact HWH Corporation concerning replacement parts. I immediately sent them an email along with a follow up phone call.

I waited for a reply from HWH but after not hearing anything from them for over a week, I contacted Chuck Stewart at Stewart's Service this past Monday as suggested by Rick Young (aka jerichorick). After a VERY lengthly discussion, he wasn't totally convinced that both rear jacks needed to be repaired. He suspected the problem was actually my waiting for the system to "time out" because the right front jack wasn't retracting completely and frequently needed a little "persuasion" by prying it up with a 2X4 or shovel. Apparently, 12 volt current is supplied to all four solenoids when the system is operative and causes the solenoids to eventually die an early death. His recommendation was to first replace the solenoid valves for the two rear jacks and replacing the poorly functioning right front jack before also replacing the two rear jacks. If that works, then great. If not, then replacing the rear jacks would also need to be addressed. I placed an order from him after I talked to him late Monday morning and the parts were at my door at noon on Wednesday.

His recommendation to replace the solenoid valves and the right front jack was spot on and it now works perfectly. I wasn't able to get to it until today because our coach is parked outside and the weather has been pretty crappy but, thanks to a little online tutoring, the repair itself turned out to be a pretty simple affair. It probably only took an hour or so to complete but, of course, that's actual "working" time. I somehow managed to stretch it out an extra hour or two by drinking a couple of beers and talking to the neighbors because that's just what some of us old retired folks do!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your help!!
I love it when one of my suggestions actually helps!!! I'm so glad that all is back to functioning for you. (Note that I did not say normal. Your post started with "normal" for many of us.)
Happy trails and safe travels.
Rick Y
Old 09-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #17

i will have tp agree as to HWH customer service. I ordered two new springs over their website. There was no way to pay for them but they did respond within a d ay or two and got my payment info. It then took them several days to send the item. Upon watching the UPS delivery info it kept saying two packages, for just two springs? When the packages arrived there were ten springs. I contacted them right away and they were going to send me two return labels. After two phone calls, the latest one Sept. 23rd I still have not received the labels. Meanwhile I have a $345 charge to pay for instead of $35 on my credit card. The last phone call they said they were extremely busy and they probably would not get to my problem until the end of the year. If there is another vendor for their products I would highly recommend going with them.
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks, rear