Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2021, 08:37 PM   #1

Rear Rim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4812.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	335755Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4810.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	335756

Well I just discovered this damage. We went to a campground in Missouri and had to travel a really difficult road for about 1.5 miles. Coming out of the campground I heard a large bang. Hard metal. Swore it was one of the leveling jacks. Drove 4.5 hrs back in the Tulsa. And this is what I discovered. We have a 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS. Tire size 235/80 R 22.5. It’s the back passenger Dooley. It’s a deep rim. I don’t even know what I call this one when trying to look for it. I’m really pissed. We keep this rig inside and detailed like crazy. Can you guys help me out. Thank you so much
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I feel your pain on that. You might want to try this: https://www.alcoawheels.com/alcoawhe...otor-coach.asp

They manufacture most of them and they have a dealer locator in the website.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:16 PM   #3

I'm very glad that wasn't followed by a high speed blowout!

What a disappointment when you've taken such good care of your rig.

Sometimes we hear unfamiliar noises and stop to see what it is/was. Maybe we're just paranoid.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Could also be Accuride wheel. It will show the brand and model number on the wheel. Need that to order a new one.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:46 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
My 2016 F53 has Taiwanese made rims, so there is another choice for you. Do you think that Ford went with the high bidder?

Look on the dish of the rim there will be a size embossed into the metal. Size is all that matters and the appearance will likely be very similar. To me a slight difference in the looks would be minor.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
Attachment 335755Attachment 335756

Well I just discovered this damage. We went to a campground in Missouri and had to travel a really difficult road for about 1.5 miles. Coming out of the campground I heard a large bang. Hard metal. Swore it was one of the leveling jacks. Drove 4.5 hrs back in the Tulsa. And this is what I discovered. We have a 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS. Tire size 235/80 R 22.5. It’s the back passenger Dooley. It’s a deep rim. I don’t even know what I call this one when trying to look for it. I’m really pissed. We keep this rig inside and detailed like crazy. Can you guys help me out. Thank you so much
Well Kent,
I've repaired rims like that a few times and, all I can tell you about yours is, the time and effort to repair that, would very, very close to the cost of a replacement rim. As has been stated, you'll have to find out the make and model (part number) of that particular rim. I'm linking a pic of one of our alloy rears. It's an Accuride. It has a part number, size, weight rating and tire size stamped in it. I'm going to assume yours should have the same type of info, depending on just who the maker is/was. I don't know if you'll be able to zoom in close enough on our pic but, if you can, you'll see the detailed info stamped in the bottom section of that rim.
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000531.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	335767  
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Kent,

I've repaired rims like that a few times and, all I can tell you about yours is, the time and effort to repair that, would very, very close to the cost of a replacement rim. As has been stated, you'll have to find out the make and model (part number) of that particular rim. I'm linking a pic of one of our alloy rears. It's an Accuride. It has a part number, size, weight rating and tire size stamped in it. I'm going to assume yours should have the same type of info, depending on just who the maker is/was. I don't know if you'll be able to zoom in close enough on our pic but, if you can, you'll see the detailed info stamped in the bottom section of that rim.

Scott

Wow thank you so much, I actually awakened this morning thinking I needed to look closer at the rim. I’ll do that this morning. Thank you so much.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
My 2016 F53 has Taiwanese made rims, so there is another choice for you. Do you think that Ford went with the high bidder?

Look on the dish of the rim there will be a size embossed into the metal. Size is all that matters and the appearance will likely be very similar. To me a slight difference in the looks would be minor.

Thank you so much I agree totally with you that if they’re slightly different I don’t know how you’ll see the difference. I knew the size was critical. I’ll look at the embossing on the rim I didn’t even think about it. I discovered it last night and freaked out.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Could also be Accuride wheel. It will show the brand and model number on the wheel. Need that to order a new one.

I awakened with this problem on my brain and thought I should have looked closer at the rim markings. I’ll do that. I’m trying to get it done we’re supposed to head out to Colorado in 10 days..
Old 07-13-2021, 05:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I feel your pain on that. You might want to try this: https://www.alcoawheels.com/alcoawhe...otor-coach.asp

They manufacture most of them and they have a dealer locator in the website.

I’ll definitely be looking closer at the rim itself this morning. I have to admit I freaked out when I saw it.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:27 AM   #11

Good morning everybody. So this rim has a stamp of Ford, a ton of numbers, and Taiwan. Finding a replacement is interesting. $429. Apparently it’s the same rim on the front they just reverse it. So now I’m waiting for it to arrive so I can take it in, have the tire taken off, re-installed and re-balanced. Thank you for all your help but you guys are the best. Another education process.

Tags
rear