Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 08:39 AM   #1

Rear TV

I am getting ready to purchase a TV for the bedroom and am considering mounting a 32" on the ceiling.

Has anybody done this? How did it go?

I am sure I will need above the ceiling support for the mount and just want to know if I am going where no Man has gone before or not.

Thanks in advance.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
No, you are not the first: You can read some more here. No, I have no idea where I found the ceiling mount.RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Gained 16 cuft inside stowage, Should have done it earlier

Ebay ceiling mount: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ceiling-TV-...YAAOSw34FVF0P6
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 26" Viso, on the satalite, a 49 in the basement, 32 overhead. Cable or satalite.

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #4

Thank you for the input guys. Has anyone gone above the ceiling to add reinforcing for the mount? Judging from what I have seen when mounting the front TV I will need something.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #5

I would make sure the TV mount spans two joists in the ceiling. And is attached to both.
So, four good sized self tappers. Make sure you get the length right so it doesn't go through the outer skin.
I think the joists are on 16" on center.
If you have a air conditioning vent nearby, you can pull that down and find one of the joists and then measure from there. Put a small test hole to ensure you found the joist. You could also use a Stud Finder available at any home depot / loews etc.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #6

I just recently bought a 40 inch Samsung 4K. It only weighs 17 lbs. So the newest TVs are a lot lighter than the older ones and it really doesn't take a lot to hold them in place.

Something I would point out. When you are looking for a TV, you might think getting 4K is not necessary. From a resolution point, when you are that close, you are right, However If someone happens to shoot a video in 4K on their cellphone, it won't play back on your 1080P TV. Some of the more recent TVs have an internet browser and some do not. Find one that does.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #7

We replaced our main living TV with a 43” Samsung 4K. Being so close to it as in a motorhome I wouldn’t buy anything but a 4K tv. The clarity that it has is just amazing, just like looking through a window.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #8

Thanks again guys, very helpful stuff.