Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #15

I can say DO NOT go to Snider Fleet in Greensboro. Went in with a near perfect coach in need of steers and Preventive Maintenance. Walked out with a reasonable bill and a steering wheel that visibly shook while driving.

When I went back to get that fixed suddenly my Generator coolant was leaking. Odd coincidence.

Cummins Greensboro got me in and fixed. No appointment. Left it there a few days. Labor was reasonable considering I went in hat in hand begging them to fix another guy's mess.

Still I may look into some of those , mentioned.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2022, 07:09 PM   #16

Greensboro area Mobile RV mechanic

Any recommendations for a Mobile RV Mechanic in Greensboro area?

Two issues:
1) Oasis Water Heater not heating. Seems to be a low water issue despite the coolant being fine.
2) Hose Reel fill leaks

I usually have terrible luck with plumbing so would prefer not to do this myself.

Electric I'll do all day. Would consider a trade if anyone wants to offer help. I'll even throw in a day of Bass fishing
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:27 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jeff, you’re only a couple of hours from Gaffney, SC, and the Freightliner factory Service Center. I’ve always found them to do fine work at fair prices. However, must note that a lot of shops are charging labor rates in the $200 plus range.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 06:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Jeff, you’re only a couple of hours from Gaffney, SC, and the Freightliner factory Service Center. I’ve always found them to do fine work at fair prices. However, must note that a lot of shops are charging labor rates in the $200 plus range.
If I were the OP, that's where I'd be going too. They only work on motorhomes and are intimately familiar with the unique challenges that they may present. I schedule a stop there each year during our summer vacation even thought they are well over 500 miles away from my home base . Just left there a couple days ago.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post
Any recommendations for a Mobile RV Mechanic in Greensboro area?

Two issues:
1) Oasis Water Heater not heating. Seems to be a low water issue despite the coolant being fine.
2) Hose Reel fill leaks

I usually have terrible luck with plumbing so would prefer not to do this myself.

Electric I'll do all day. Would consider a trade if anyone wants to offer help. I'll even throw in a day of Bass fishing
Well, I would NOT recommend T&S Mobile Mechanic - they guy talked my ear off then tried to tell me the Aqua Hot was not worth troubleshooting. Far cheaper to replace with a 30 gallon electric water heater from Lowes.

I said Uh Huh, I'll have to think about it and get back to you.
Old 09-12-2022, 11:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
If I were the OP, that's where I'd be going too. They only work on motorhomes and are intimately familiar with the unique challenges that they may present. I schedule a stop there each year during our summer vacation even thought they are well over 500 miles away from my home base . Just left there a couple days ago.
We make the annual trip to Gaffney from Augusta GA (about 4 hours). Arrive the day prior and stay the night. At 8am they are ready to take the RV. $1,100 gets full engine/chassis/generator service. Will also check for and perform recalls. We are in around 8am and typically out by noon so we can be home by 4-5PM. I know my RV is well taken care of and they provide 4 wheel weight if you need one.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service