Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2023, 12:48 PM   #1

Recommend a Cummins auth. shop

Can anyone recommend a good cummins shop in the Carolinas, I need to get couple things done that need an authorized cummins shop to do. I am asking because i've never seen anything posted this is positive about any of their shops. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2023, 02:42 PM   #2

If you require an actual Cummins location and you want one in the Carolinas, one of the best ones on the east coast is Cummins Atlantic Spartanburg. There have been several good reviews here on the forum as well as other online reviews of Cummins Atlantic in Spartanburg SC. They have some of the better online reviews of any Cummins location that I've seen.

It is also where FCCC in Gaffney refers their customers to when warranty work or technical repairs are needed on the engine itself.

They are also a Cummins Coach Care location so you can be assured that they will work on motorhomes. We've all been to Cummins locations where they either refuse to work on motorhomes or charge a huge surcharge to do so.

Cummins Atlantic, Spartanburg SC

260 Commercial Rd

(864) 208-2657
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:20 PM   #3

SC
Cummins Coach Care Columbia 803.799.2410
Cummins Coach Care Myrtle Beach 843-716-7072
Cummins Spartanburg 866 746-2684
Cummins Summerville (800) 968-3087

NC
Cummins Coach Care Greensboro 336.275.4531
Cummins Coach Care Kenly 919.284.9111
Old 04-26-2023, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhicks View Post
SC
Cummins Coach Care Columbia 803.799.2410
Cummins Coach Care Myrtle Beach 843-716-7072
Cummins Spartanburg 866 746-2684
Cummins Summerville (800) 968-3087

NC
Cummins Coach Care Greensboro 336.275.4531
Cummins Coach Care Kenly 919.284.9111
I guess my point was is that the Spartanburg location has the best reputation out of those listed and is why I'd recommend them. I remember people giving them props decades ago. It could be because they work pretty closely with FCCC and want to keep their customers happy and even though the OP's coach isn't on an FCCC, I have to think they'd still take good care of him.
Old 04-26-2023, 07:08 PM   #5

There are many independent Diesel shops that are certified Cummins and/or CAT repair shops. Some are much better than a factory-owned shop.
Look them up in the yellow pages - online.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:18 PM   #6

Thanks for the replys. The reason I need a authorized cummins shop is I think prior owner monkeyed with the ECM, I want it returned to OEM, they are the only ones that can do that. I also need to get it reflashes up to date.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:53 PM   #7

Well, if you want an "OFFICIALLY" authorized Cummins service center, i.e. a facility that is actually accredited by Cummins to work on their products, you'll have to go to their website and do a search.

Cummins Service & Parts Locator

I put in entered "Charlotte NC" and filtered it through the "Advanced Search Options" for "Recreational Vehicle" plus "bus" and it gave the closest 44 locations. It, of course, included the Cummins corporate locations as were mentioned in johnhicks's post above but other officially approved Cummins facilities too. Most are large facilities. The small mom-and-pop type garages --even though they may be very familiar and competent with working on Cummins engines-- are not "officially" approved by the factory.

So, you have your choice. Take it to a competent private small garage that has a good reputation but is not "officially" authorized by the factory or you can take to the larger facilities that are approved that also include the corporate locations like were listed above that also will include Cummins Coach Care facilities.

One interesting one that is going to sound peculiar but has a very good reputation is the main Blanchard CAT truck center in West Columbia. Yes, it is a CAT facility but actually is also a Cummins factory approved facility. They do work on motorhomes and I also have in my notes that I have talked to several who have used Blanchard for their motorhome service and repair with good results ...pricing is fair, friendly employees, and good work.

Blanchard Truck Center, LLC - main facility in West Columbia SC ---> website HERE

3151 Charleston Hwy
West Columbia, SC 29172

(803) 791- 7100

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blanchard on cummins service locator.png
Views:	12
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	391389  
Old 04-27-2023, 07:35 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had great service at the Cummins Coach Care facility in Kenly... I see that you are in the Charlotte area, and the Kenly location is closer to Raleigh. But these guys have been great!

For historical information for others who may be traveling in the area... They have about 7 or 8 RV spaces out front where you can park and plug in your coach. I also remember seeing a dump station and water fill as well...
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 07:47 AM   #9

As theroc said, any authorized Cummins shop that purchases the Insite program can do the work.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:02 AM   #10

Thanks for all the info I just need to make some phone calls.

Tags
cummins