Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2019, 12:50 AM   #15

Marin RV park is the closest to San Franciso. Nothing fancy. Ferry is 10-15 minute walk. You can walk your dog at the end of the park. I have stayed there twice with no problems.
https://www.marinrvpark.com/
Soul Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #16

Spartan Chassis
Many of the suggestions were booked for the time period we are looking for. We made a reservation for the Costanoa KOA, Pescadore. It will be a bit of a drive to Menlo Park, over an hour, but out side of the hustle and bustle of San Francisco.

Thanks,

Truls
Truls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:22 PM   #17

rv park near Pescadero

Pescadero is a very cool little town. You will enjoy a visit in that small village. A lot of folks from the City (S.F.) come there to shop and get out of their crowded city.

Ray
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Half Moon Bay is a first Come First serve parking lot with hook ups.
Some people love it because of the location.
Sometimes you are so close to your neighbor that you cannot fully open you slides.
We live in the San Jose area and really like to Moss Landing KOA. It is slightly further south from San Jose but a great little park.
Just my .02
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #19

Spartan Chassis
Update

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. We ended up staying in Santa Cruz Ranch RV Park in Scott's Valley. It is about 10 minutes from Santa Cruz and an hour to Menlo Park. But, the Tech company buses go from here, so my wife could just walk out to the bus and work on the way in and back. Very convenient.

It is a nice park for staying close to SF, San Jose and Santa Cruz. It is clean and quiet and has a great pool/hot tub area. There are mostly permanent residents, but the central area is quite busy with vacationers. We are sort of in between as we have been here for about two weeks now.

I also checked out a few other potential parks that can work when we make our next trip. The Costanoa KOA along the coast is very nice, but too remote for what we needed this time.

Trailer Villa is really the place for Menlo Park, as mentioned previously in this thread. For just staying close to Menlo Park, it can not be beat, but pretty spendy. Not much open for someone in a big rig like us, but right by all the tech. Also looks clean and well run, but mostly for permanent residents and no office hours on the weekend. They also have an RV dump there very centrally located.

All that said, we would definitely come back here to Scott's Valley and maybe the Trailer Villa for shorter stays.

Thanks,

Truls
Old 10-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #20

Been there, done that

Hey...

Kids moved to Silicon Valley so we've spent 1/2 a lifetime in the area. I can tell you that the major issues on where you go is traffic related. Half Moon bay is nice but a hike (time wise) to get to SF.

We searched from SF south and visited almost every RV park. The biggest problem is they are loaded with long term residents and getting a slot is very very difficult. Lots of contract workers coming in for years and because housing is so expensive they choose to RV it!

The San Jose area has a few parks but there is only one worth staying. Coyote Valley RV Resort is very clean and modern. Unfortunately it is the ONLY ONE and the owner knows it. It isn't cheap. We paid approx $1680/mo + electricity. They are also missing a good customer service ethic. That said, if you stay within the bounds of all their rules, you will do very fine. As usual, their WIFI is lacking, as you might expect, but, they have a great pool, and spa. Its residents are mostly professionals and up scale RVs are there.

There are others in the immediate area but mostly many levels below, what I would considered acceptable. Just being honest.

Again, they are not cheap but compared to the alternatives, they are worth it.

They are on the San Jose, Morgan Hill line. Morgan Hill is a fun little town. Also they are right off of 101 so commuting to SF is probably the easiest, if there is an easy commute anywhere!!

If you do not mind driving 25 miles further, Betabel RV in San Juan Bautista is OK. They are just south of Gilroy on 101. Absolutely friendly with great customer service BUT further away. I know lots of people that left Coyote for Betabel because of the cost. BUT, they were not going up to SF.

Good luck!
stutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #21

We recently stayed at the KOA in Petaluma. Many people that live there commute to San Francisco. I believe there is also a BART station.
The KOA is pretty nice, and Petaluma is a pretty cool little town.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
We recently stayed at the KOA in Petaluma. Many people that live there commute to San Francisco. I believe there is also a BART station.
The KOA is pretty nice, and Petaluma is a pretty cool little town.
They have a great fenced dog park. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_082738.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	262886
Old 10-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #23

Be extremely cautious if you go anywhere near the Santa Cruz boardwalk at night! Lots of nefarious characters run around at night there!
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:15 PM   #24

We just stayed at the Petaluma KOA about 3-4 weeks ago for about 4 days. Decent park with the usual KOA amenities that the kids love. We stayed over the weekend and that was a mistake: lotsa kids. Before the weekend it was fine. I'd stay there again if in the area, but hopefully not on a weekend.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:22 AM   #25

[QUOTE=
Trailer Villa is really the place for Menlo Park, as mentioned previously in this thread. For just staying close to Menlo Park, it can not be beat, but pretty spendy. Not much open for someone in a big rig like us, but right by all the tech. Also looks clean and well run, but mostly for permanent residents and no office hours on the weekend. They also have an RV dump there very centrally located.
[/QUOTE]

Trailer Villa has weekend hours and at any rate the manager lives onsite with her phone posted on the door. Permanent residents are all in the front, older section. RVers mostly in the back, newer section. You can ask for back section.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #26

Stayed here for week last month. Brand new, nobody knows about it. Only 9 sites and the marina has restaurants, store etc. It was any awesome stay, will definitely be back. https://villagewestmarina.com/riverside-rv-park/
Old 10-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #27

Spartan Chassis
That Riverside RV Park looks great, we will have to check that out some time.

We now have a reservation for a couple of days at the Trailer Villa this weekend, before heading back to Washington. I was there to check it out last weekend, and the front office was closed at the time, but I found out later to go to the store for weekend stuff.

We tried to get a reservation at the Coyote Creek place, but they were booked.

Thanks for all the good recommendations.

Truls
Old 10-10-2019, 04:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truls View Post
We now have a reservation for a couple of days at the Trailer Villa this weekend, before heading back to Washington. I was there to check it out last weekend, and the front office was closed at the time, but I found out later to go to the store for weekend stuff.

If that is true about the store it is new. TV always used to have weekend hours.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote