Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2019, 05:56 AM   #29

Wastemaster!
3XACHRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 05:58 AM   #30

I was using others and replacing about every season. I changed to RhinoFlex and have used it for over 5 years with no problems. It has even been stepped on a couple of times and has the "kinks" to show, but no leaks and it still compacts up as it did when it was new.

We average 130 nights per year in our fifth wheel, so it gets a good workout.
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:01 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I have this one it’s an excellent hose but it’s a little trickie to connect I made modifications in order to make work with my Bay Star, now with the Dutch Star it has a funny angle I need to work on attaching the connector ( I had to order a new because is a permanent connection and stayed with the old coach)

Zzotte

Zzotte. Does it fit into the sewer hose compartment that Newmar puts on DS between rear axles? A great hose and love the cam lock connection.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #32

I also vote for the Rhino-Flex sewer hose. I've had ours for over 5 yrs. with no issues.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #33

Valterra Dominator has served me well. Purchased in 2013.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:37 AM   #34

These Valterra products are what I have used for years. Have also used Camco products with complete frustration in their design flaws along with other copies.

I recommend the clear viewing bayonets so you know when the tank is clear.

If you do not drag the hoses on concrete or drive over any part of them, they will last.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6211.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	235314Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6215.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	235315Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6214.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	235316
Old 02-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyrv View Post
Zzotte. Does it fit into the sewer hose compartment that Newmar puts on DS between rear axles? A great hose and love the cam lock connection.

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer, when we purchased the DS was too cold to drive it home, so the dealer toke it to an indoor storage facility near by, April we are going back to picked it up. I’m hopping that will fit it’s a large space but one way or another I can’t toss it it’s a lot $$$

Zzotte
Old 02-18-2019, 08:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
These Valterra products are what I have used for years. Have also used Camco products with complete frustration in their design flaws along with other copies.

I recommend the clear viewing bayonets so you know when the tank is clear.

If you do not drag the hoses on concrete or drive over any part of them, they will last.

Attachment 235314Attachment 235315Attachment 235316
Believe it or not, I'm still using the cheapy hose that came with our 2003 rig.

As you said, being careful not to drag it on anything sharp or abrasive has done the trick. Another thing that has helped is not having to push/pry to store the hose. It stays hooked up to the discharge pipe, lays uncompressed on the floor of the wet bay, and only requires a quick lift out when time to dump. Of course the big thing we have going for us right now is that we aren't full timing. It's rarely left out in deteriorating sunlight.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rhinoflex here too,no leaks,stores easily,and is a relatively inexpensive hose.So far so good,mine has been thrown around and stepped on but still works well.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #38

We have also changed to Valterra Dominator hose about 4 years ago. I am really happy with this choice as it does stay coiled, or collapsed. It keeps it shape better than most others when in use.