Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2022, 11:51 PM   #15

1292 Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee325 View Post
Unless the refrigerator won't fit through the door and you have to remove a window or windshield to get the old out and the new in. Many don't think of that.
I have a new cooling unit delivered in FL. I will have it installed by camping world in Tampa at the end of September. Thanks for everyone and your advice. I hope this is the last time I have to deal with this.
RevRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2022, 03:09 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee325 View Post
Unless the refrigerator won't fit through the door and you have to remove a window or windshield to get the old out and the new in. Many don't think of that.
Yes, but just a thought - a counter depth fridge (which we have at home) might fit through most MH doors if you remove the fridge doors.

Al
Old 08-02-2022, 06:50 AM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'd check with JC Refrigeration and see if they have units for this model. That's what we did with our Norcold and love their 120 volt conversion unit.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #18

Many times OEM didn't install proper air baffles/deflector properly to get flow across coil or block dead zone of air toward doors, particularly important on units on slide with side discharge vent. So make sure it is discussed this is right even if not done from factory.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #19

Spartan Chassis
I had a Puma bunk house TT. It came new with a 12V compressor refrigerator. I added an extra house battery to run the ref. while on the road. I was well pleased with it, got cold fast and freezer was at 0 deg. I don't recall the brand. Using a 12V compressor eliminates changing inverters.
.N4KP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:30 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I installed my Samsung myself, no idea what it would have cost but there was a lot of work involved. I'm sure if I had gotten a quote it would have been high, not sure $6100 high but high.

I tried to bring the Samsung in through the front door, even with the refrigerators doors removed and the front passenger seat out there was no way to get it in. So I removed the passenger side window above the dinette table. I have a tractor with a set of forks so we laid a blanket across the forks, laid the refrigerator on the forks, lifted it to height and slide it in. Easy peasy.
Removing the window wasn't bad, remove the inside valance and shade, remove all but two top screws on the inside frame, break the seal around the outside trim piece until the window is free, remove the 2 screws and lift the window out. Monaco used a compression type seal that we didn't damage, so put the window back in place and caulk around the window.

Unless upgrading to a new cooling unit dramatically improves performance there is no way I'd go back with my old Norcold. It was a piece of crap, never did cool right, wasted $$$$ in spoiled food, could not depend on it to keep food cool enough.
We just converted our norcold 1200 to residential. Glad to see someone acknowledge that its a LOT of work... Took the whole weekend.

Required cutting opening to fit...

Lowering the subfloor...

Custom oak carpentry to make for a snug, cosmetically appealing, fit...

Taking out the old was a huge pain the butt... fortunately came out the door.

I totally see how folks charge $6000 to do something like this, I wouldn't do it for another person for much less...

Lots of "custom" work required...
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, refrigerator, replace, replacement