Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #1

Reliable Freightliner shop around Fayetteville Arkansas

By any chance anyone might know of a good Freightliner shop close to Fayetteville, Springdale, or Rogers Arkansas. Have gotten the dreaded Malfunction Indicator Lamp followed by the occasional Check Engine Lamp. Trying to get to the diagnosis codes but treading in very unfamiliar areas.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #2

Call freightliner 24 hour assistance. They can helpyou use the dash display to get the code, and advise on urgency
Old 10-18-2021, 04:22 PM   #3

Freightliner shop in Springdale, just east of 549 on Sunset Ave. Doggett Freightliner. Next closest is Neosho, MO.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:25 PM   #4

Just got codes off dash info panel then called FL for advice. He said the code is a fuel problem and suggested I either have the fuel filter changed or do it myself. So I have a choice to make, do it myself here in the campground or maybe call Doggett to see if they have a mobil mechanic.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:26 PM   #5

There’s also a Cummins shop in Springdale, along with all the major truck manufacturers dealers, with nearly all them authorized Cummins service centers that could do a fuel filter change. Search Cummins shops on a Google map.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Just got codes off dash info panel then called FL for advice. He said the code is a fuel problem and suggested I either have the fuel filter changed or do it myself. So I have a choice to make, do it myself here in the campground or maybe call Doggett to see if they have a mobil mechanic.

Lots of folks here change their own filters, but apparently it comes with fuel streaming out of the mount, as well as the need to pre fill the filter with clean fuel. I have not done it myself. I should think any diesel shop (not just a freightliner) would be able to do this if thy have the right filter...
Old 10-19-2021, 09:54 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had Speedco in Little Rock change out my fuel filters. Labor only was $20 (or less) if I supplied the filters. Best deal around. If you have a Speedco in the area...call them to ask about motorhome service. Not all service MH.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:55 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Haven't heard from the OP. I would not use a Doggett Flnr shop. They are expensive, charge more for MHs, don't take appointments, don't show much urgency as you sit in their waiting room and charge 10% of the total bill for "shop supplies."
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:15 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Haven't heard from the OP. I would not use a Doggett Flnr shop. They are expensive, charge more for MHs, don't take appointments, don't show much urgency as you sit in their waiting room and charge 10% of the total bill for "shop supplies."
Sad to hear but good to know. Doggett is the new franchise owner of FL in Arkansas and here in Little Rock. I have purchased parts and batteries from them...but never service.

Tags
arkansas, freightliner