Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Remote temperature monitor.

So my Neptune is in a barn 75 yards from the house with lan connectivity. I keep the wet bay heater on and I have a small heater to keep the coach at about 40 degrees. I have winterized everything except my wather/dryer. I still worry. I have been looking for a two sensor temperature monitor that will connect to the network that I can monitor on my PC.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks.
john.
jpsageusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2017, 04:34 AM   #2

Why don't you put some RV antifreeze in the W/D, then you don't have to worry about it.

2009 Safari Cheetah 40'
350 HP Cat
2014 Ford Focus
Air Force One
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #3

Look up Idealsciences.com/tempstick to see if they have what you need. We use one to monitor the temperature for our cats when we are away. It uses our Verizon hotspot for connectivity so it may not work for your application.
dsurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:20 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I use BayWeb WT-8 but there is a less expensive one available (WT1) that will do what you want it to do. I also have used the Honeywell wifi thermostat, both notify you by email that the temp is to low. And both are wireless and both run in the cloud. If you don't have a heating and cooling unit all you need is a 24v transformer to fire it up and you are good to go. The Bayweb comes with a transformer.
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:31 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'll suggest something different which I've done to remotely monitor temperatures where I have LAN connectivity - setup a remote security camera that is focused on a cheap digital thermometer. There's so many inexpensive choices for security cameras that it may be a cheaper solution.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I'll suggest something different which I've done to remotely monitor temperatures where I have LAN connectivity - setup a remote security camera that is focused on a cheap digital thermometer. There's so many inexpensive choices for security cameras that it may be a cheaper solution.
Wow a good idea. I have one of those cameras sitting in a cabinet. I have been daydreaming of using a Rasperry PI as a RV system manager. This would be a good way to start. Thanks, john.
jpsageusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:48 AM   #7

If I plan on RVing every other weekend, would I need to keep my coach monitored if everything (water tanks/lines) were emptied? I will have the coach in a car port, but not fully enclosed. (I am in central NC). It will be stored about 50 feet from my garage.
Kodiak kid is offline   Reply With Quote