Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #29

I believe the doors have to come off in sequence. If you haven't yet find the open end of the channel that mounts the door and remove any doors that need to be removed to get to the one you need to remove. Other option I think you can do is remove the doors from the hinge piece.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #30

Separating them at the hinge is what I was trying to do. Newmar sez you can, but you couldn't prove it by me.
Bob
BobrUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobrUSMC View Post
Went to the storage yard today with high hopes of getting the doors removed for the paint shop. Not to be! Tried the smallest door first and got nowhere including all angles and lifting before pushing, etc. Two strong guys wrestling one small door would have made a great video. Extremely frustrating to say the least. Looking at sliding the doors off is not a doable project as far as I am concerned, not within the twelve days before we depart for FL. Plan B is to have the paint shop cut and paint the end pieces and I will glue and clamp them on the doors. The rest will have to wait for later. Anyone got any ideas?

Bob

Bob, these doors come of very easy by removing the screws from the hinges. A second person is handy to hold it while you remove the screws but with a little imagination, it CAN be accomplished by one person. Trust me, been there.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobrUSMC View Post
Separating them at the hinge is what I was trying to do. Newmar sez you can, but you couldn't prove it by me.
Bob

There are six screws on each side that you remove and the door is off.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1484507531.763440.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	149168Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1484507550.506708.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	149169
Old 01-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #33

Dennis,
Unfortunately my doors do not have screws on the top, the hinge runs the full length of the door and is an integral part of the top piece... . I thought of separating the top piece from the door like I did for the side and then see if I can get it off, but it is risky in that I still might not be able to get it off and then trying to fit the door back in might not work well.
Bob
BobrUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #34

Hmmm, I didn't think Newmar had that many different designs. Not sure what to tell you

Tags
door, newmar