Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #1

Removing residential fridge from 2007 Travel Supreme Select

Well, just hours after solving our water flow problems, our residential GE refrigerator quit working. My brother and I will try to get it out far enough to get a look at the back of the unit. If it can not be fixed, we will see if it will go out the window by the drivers seat, or take it to Phoenix to remove half the windshield.

It’s about 100 miles to the glass shop. It will cost $350 to remove and then reinstall the windshield.

Any advice appreciated.

2007 Travel Supreme Select
Stacy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #2

If you remove the doors of the fridge and passenger seat will it not fit out the door? I did that on a Discovery that we had in 2013. Then put the new one in the same way.
Rwjsim2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Counter depth refrigerators should go out the door. I removed the driver’s side window (fairly easy) to get a 21 Whirlpool in as it was not counter depth.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy S View Post
Well, just hours after solving our water flow problems, our residential GE refrigerator quit working. My brother and I will try to get it out far enough to get a look at the back of the unit. If it can not be fixed, we will see if it will go out the window by the drivers seat, or take it to Phoenix to remove half the windshield.

It’s about 100 miles to the glass shop. It will cost $350 to remove and then reinstall the windshield.

Any advice appreciated.

2007 Travel Supreme Select

There is ALWAYS a Sawzall to help get it out the door. Just cut it in half to get out the door. Mostly these are just plastic interior with foam then a outside cover of some kind of sheet metal. The question is what you will replace it with and will it fit back in the door to install.

Here is a You Tube video of doing this:

https://youtu.be/98ga_Jkyw-0
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #5

I’ve removed doors. A few more parts to remove and fridge will be loose. I think it has to much depth to go out the door, 22+ cubic foot.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #6

Sawzaw gets it out easily, but I don’t think we can can cut the new one up and glue it back together.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:03 PM   #7

I got a 23 cubic foot counter depth through the door of my DP - very careful measurement of everything (and removal of the RV door latching peg) showed me that I had about 1.25 inches of clearance to work with. In retrospect, it would have been easier to bring the RV to Home Depot and remove the side window and frame (they unscrew VERY easily) and slide it on it's back from a pallet lifted by a forklift.

Taking the doors off is a common solution and fridges are designed for this, and it makes the whole box a LOT lighter too.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #8

Stacy S,

Have you had anyone out to look at the fridge? It can be repaired in place.
Just had ours done, new compressor in place...Fridge is cold and Ice Cream is hard
What is the fridge doing?

greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #9

Well the fridge is out of the hole, where we can get a good look at the back of it. We’ll inspect as best as we can. If nothing is obvious, we’ll pay a tech to look at it
Old 02-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #10

Wow, that was quick. Almost undetectable cut and burn in power cord. We had already look at cord and noticed nothing wrong. But looking at it a second time, we saw a very small cut mark. We’ll splice it, and see what happens.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #11

Splice is good for temporary check. If that is your culprit I would purchase a new Refrigerator power cord to be safe
They can be purchased at nearby big box stores like Lowes or Amazon

Let us know
greg
Old 02-10-2021, 03:24 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy S View Post
Sawzaw gets it out easily, but I don’t think we can can cut the new one up and glue it back together.

Has me 🤣
Old 02-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicchuck View Post
Has me 🤣
I heard in the news gorilla glue is pretty strong.....
Old 02-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
I heard in the news gorilla glue is pretty strong.....
Well, we got it workin, so now we have no need to try the sawzall and gorilla glue method. If we had to do it, I would have put gorilla tape over the glue for added peace of mind.

Thanks for all of your advice!!

NOW, I’ve had enough work for awhile. It’s time to hit the trails, around Tonto Basin AZ.

Tags
2007, fridge, travel, travel supreme