Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #29

Where are the interior shots?
DDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
Interior shots (as promised)

Firstly, we have just downsized from a four bedroom, double garage and sleepout, to the Motorhome, so forgive me if things are still a little messy (!!!)
We took out the captain's chair behind the driver and added a set of drawers for more food storage since we are now full-timing.
Added a 32" LCD TV but found it was drawing 9 amps so replaced it with a 32" LED TV that only draws just over 2 amps. You can just see the 5.1 surround sound, and I made a small cabinet to hold the satellite receiver and blu-ray player under the cabinet so you don't have to have the cabinet open to use the remotes.
Replaced the oven with a new SMEV oven, but made the mistake of getting a four burner, should only have got a three burner as there is no way you can get four pots easily on the hob at one time.
Made a holder for the remotes, and painted the walls inside.
Removed the front TV and have made a "temporary" patch (we will see how long it takes me to put something else there) and we installed a 19" DVD/LED TV combo in the bedroom.
Fitted up a removable shelf to hold the wireless printer when we are parked up, and a twin seater recliner - the best buy so far as it is SO comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2100004.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	55797   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2100003.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	55800  

Name:	P2100005.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	55801   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2100006.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	55802  

Name:	P2100001.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	55803   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2100002.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	55804  

Name:	Couch.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	55805  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Nice job....I saw in one of the pic that your awning is a bit unwound. perhaps the painter didn't know how to rewind the springs? Here are some youtube vids on how to....if you have not already fixed that
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #32

Unfortunately, it is not just unwound, it is wrecked. Over Christmas, I left the awning out in the rain, and a LOT of water pooled in the canvas. Instead of gently siphoning out the water, I released the catches and the resulting release of over 200 kgs of water bent the roller to such an extent it folded up and crimped the aluminium pipe. It is a Dometic Grande Pavilion and the local agents in New Zealand have no interest in trying to source or cost a new roller. I cannot find any part numbers or costs and I may have to replace the entire awning. Bother!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry about that.....been done many times, long before you ever thought of doing it. Eye hooks and cheap tarp as big as you want .....instant awning
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And oh yea....always tilt one end of the "new awning/tarp" down lower than the other. lol, (but not at you)
Old 02-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #35

I ALWAYS take the awning in at night, and I ALWAYS have one end lower. Except for this once, because my daughter and her husband were staying in a tent outside, and if I had sloped the awning it would have poured water over their tent, and if I brought it in, they would have got wet coming in to the Motorhome. Another Bother.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Your coach turned out very nice. It seems odd to see a right hand drive motorhome.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #37

Came out absolutely Teriffic you should be proud and pleased. Nice to see a plan come out so nice.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have been tossing the idea of having ours resprayed like the original way but have a Dark Green metallic bottom with mint green above. I wanted to paint our inside walls but was afraid to start. Did you paint over the old wall paper (if you had any) I was going to patch a few holes(from old curtains) seal the wall paper and then paint them. I think yours turned out really nice and I like the color too. It really turned out nice. Have you ever thought about coming to the States to RV around? Great Job
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #39

Simply patched the holes in the wallpaper, light sand to ensure it was smooth, and painted over it. We had a metallic fleck in our paper, so it took at least two coats, in some places, three. Not really a problem. Here in New Zealand, we can buy a 500 mL test pot for $5, so I just bought one of these at a time and painted till the pot was empty. MUCH cheaper than buying a 4L pot, and I can carry a small pot for touch-ups. It probably took about 4-5 pots to completely paint the interior, including inside cabinets, so it was not a difficult job.

In terms of the outside paint job, the biggest cost was the preparation of the fibreglass surface, to get a crackle free finish. I wish now I had swept the bottom colour up the sides a little to the rear of the coach, but I don't miss the swirls at all. They would have been very expensive to replace! If in doubt, keep it simple!

The conversion to RHD was done by the first owner in Auckland, and it was one thing he did very well. I had to get the rear springs re-tempered and an extra leaf put in for our roads, particularly after the massive earthquake we had three years ago.

Would love to RV in the USA, but I would not want to drive a right hand drive on your roads. Arranging a swap with someone in the USA that would like to tour New Zealand is a possibility some time in the future. Too much to see here myself first.

Graham
Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds wonderful and will do the same on the inside.
Thanks,tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote