Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
As soon as it warms back up here I can get back down to the coach and finish installing the Monaco Double recliner from Monaco Double Recliner. I have taken the old couch out and have the the new recliner in the coach.
I am finally making some progress on installing the new Monaco Double Recliners. The old couch was the same length as the new recliners and was sitting on the slide platform on the drivers side. But the the depth of the new recliners was about 7" wider than the old couch. So I had to do some modifications on the slide plat form. I mounted a sheet of 1/2" ply wood on top of the slide platform with a 7 " extension overhang for the wider depth of the new recliners to sit on. I left enough clearance along the leading edge and the floor so that it moves in and out without any problems. I reinforced the overhang section with another 1/2" section of plywood on the bottom with a a trim broad running across the front and the 7" side section on each side. The next issue was attaching the new recliners in place on the slide platform to allow just enough room for the wall away feature in the recline mode and to prematurely hold them in place. The recliners come in 5 sections, 2 back recliner sections, 2 seat or base recliner sections and 1 middle section. The middle section attaches to each recliner by means of tabs located in the frame at the floor level. You need to attach the center section to the recliner section before attaching the unit to the floor. Although there are some holes in the frame along the inside section that attaches to the center section they are virtually impossible to get to once the section are attached. So what I did was mount 2 L brackets along a wood support at the back of each recliner and then attached the back of each recliner with long screws in to the slide platform.
Click image for larger version

Name:	recliner 1.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	52826

I added a 2 strips of the 1/2" plywood with each attached to the floor and the L brackets sit on to of these which allows me to use a 2 1/2" screw as main anchor of the recliners.

In the front of the recliner that sits on the 7" extension that I built on the slide platform there is a wood brace on the chair (covered in black material) and I drilled 4 long screws though this and the slide platform to hold the front in place.

Name:	recliner 2.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	52827

I am not worried about them coming loose.I have not completed the finish work along the front of the platform extension but at least I have them installed. Since they are sitting on the slide platform the height for the seat cushion to the floor is about 20 1/2 ". My feet touch the floor when sitting down but my wife's feet are an inch or so off the floor. The height of the old couch was 19".

I am happy with the quality of the recliners and they are very comfortable. Here are a few more pictures of the installed recliners.

RV recliners.pdf
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Because our TV is located above the dashboard we went with 2 Lambright. wall-hugging, swivel recliners. This allows us to view the TV without turning our heads 90 degrees.

One of the best upgrades we have made.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0505.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	52919   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0506.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	52920  

charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #17

Looks great, where did you find the reclining sofa and what are the dimensions? I have a 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4320 and want to replace the jack knife sofa (very uncomfortable) with dbl reclining sofa. I have 84" to work with. Some info on the furniture would be greatful. Again, nice job.
Greg Findon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Findon View Post
Looks great, where did you find the reclining sofa and what are the dimensions? I have a 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4320 and want to replace the jack knife sofa (very uncomfortable) with dbl reclining sofa. I have 84" to work with. Some info on the furniture would be greatful. Again, nice job.
Shop4seats click on this link, Monaco Double Recliner
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #19
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles tuit View Post
Because our TV is located above the dashboard we went with 2 Lambright. wall-hugging, swivel recliners. This allows us to view the TV without turning our heads 90 degrees.

One of the best upgrades we have made.
I just posted this question on another thread, but since you went with the Lambright I thought I would ask again. Did you do any comparison with the LazyBoy Harbor Town recliners? If yes, how would you compare the two. Also, do you have seat belts and do the Lambright chairs rock? Thanks for your input.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
I just posted this question on another thread, but since you went with the Lambright I thought I would ask again. Did you do any comparison with the LazyBoy Harbor Town recliners? If yes, how would you compare the two. Also, do you have seat belts and do the Lambright chairs rock? Thanks for your input.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
I went with the Lambright because they were only 27" wide overall allowing the addition of a small table behind the passenger seat. The recliners do not rock but swivel. I added seat belts to both. I didn't make a comparison to Lazy Boy but am completely satisfied with Lambright. By the way I'm a "big boy" (250 lbs.).
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #21

How did you get the new couch in to the unit. Did it come unassembled and fit through the door ?
CCFROMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we bought our DS 2 years ago, previous owner had already replaced the couch with a pair of Lambright recliners. I'm sure they were well made, and I'm sure the PO paid a bundle for them, but we didn't care for them at all. No rock, no swivel, just recline; skinny little arms- just uncomfortable. Sold 'em to some other RV folks and ran over to Lazy Boy and bought two real recliners that you can rock, fully recline, curl up and fall asleep in! That's what you want to sleep through your favorite movies!!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace