Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Replacement Dash Radio

My 2003 Pace Arrow in dash radio is dead, and not worth fixing. It is not the original, but one the previous owner installed with lots of feature that I never used or wanted. In fact, the buttons and labels are so small, they are nearly impossible to read. I always hated it!

I'm old school, and am just looking for something with AM (very important) FM & CD to replace it with. I don't want something I can't use without putting on reading glasses, to operate.

All of the new stuff I see at Best Buy, etc is either the wrong shape and too complicated to use while driving. I don't know what the original radio looked like. but maybe I would have liked it!

Any thoughts on where I can buy a radio that will fit the dash hole and fit the needs of a 60 something?

Thanks,

Craig
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Crutchfield has good deals. You need to know if it is a single DIN mount or dual.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi - You can go here and find adapter plates for the new style radios and they have a few radios. They supplied a lot of the original equipment for the older motorhomes. I agree with you the new radios are too complicated and the displays are too small. The trend seems to be having an input port to connect your iPod or phone to so you can listen to your own music or in my case Audio Books downloaded for free from my library.

Car Stereos | In-Dash Receivers | Touch Screen Radios
Old 11-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #4

If it's the normal rectangular shape I replaced mine with a Pioneer AM/FM/CD player. Easy to read and the face detaches. Walmart for $80.
John58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, radio, replace, replacement