Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2020, 11:05 AM   #1

Replacement for Splendide combo with a straight washer?

Hello everyone. Has anyone had experience replacing the splendide all in one washer dryer combo with a compact front load washer only? The one in my new to me Class A died and was removed by the prior owner and replaced with shelves. I want to restore the laundry services but am reluctant to go with a combo and want a more reliable and capable compact washer only. I can get a small dryer that stores in a closet in the bedroom or I take over the space above it as well. Thanks

Vince
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
New rig has a pair of stacked W/D. After 14 years with just a combo, the DW would rather have a combo and the extra storage.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #3

Home Depot has a variety of them. I’m doubtful that you’ll see better reliability from a washer in comparison to a combo unit. If you have a combo, you can use it for only washing, and you still have the dryer capability if you want it. I do see, though, that some of the washers have a bit more capacity, up to 2.3 cubic feet as opposed to the usual 1.8-2 of most combos that will fit in the usual RV cabinetry.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:07 AM   #4

If you have the space to install the stacked unit I would recommend that. We had Splendid stacked units installed and they work well for us. I had to remove shelf.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
See if this helps and gives you some ideas

https://rvseniormoments.com/2016/08/...dryer-install/

Ariston Dryer TVM63X

Ariston Washer ARWXF129W
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Search out compact, space saver or apartment sized appliances. Usually they are about 24" or 27" in depth and/or width but verify how much space you have first.

Seen a couple of rigs at RV shows with front loading 24" Splendide (Splendide Laundry Centers - Compare All Combo Washer-Dryer Models) compact washer on the bottom with a matching 120VAC dryer on top which has a lower overall height. If you have the clearance a top load washing is an option.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #7

We removed our stack unit when it over flowed once and replaced it with a ventless Haire 1600 combo. We do a laundry load every other evening and usually hang dry the clothes on a portable rack either inside or outside depending on weather/cg rules. The dryer works good but hang dry is our less carbon footprint preference.
I mounted the W/D on a shelf which is easier to load/unload and allows usable space underneath (cat litter box)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Washer_Dryer.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	288061  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been full time for 7 years with a Splindide 2100XC vented combo unit and love it. All yo have to do is follow the instructions and not over load it. 90% of the time it is run on the short cycle and it does fine.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have no issues with the new XC2100, works well..as someone mentioned, dont overload and follow the instructions..
Petesflhtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, replace, ace, splendide