Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Replacement "hub" cap

I have seemed to lost one of my front hubcaps on my Freightliner DP. Where do I find a new one? In Google searching, I don't even know what they are called.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	306856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	306857  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2020, 07:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Watching, lost one of mine this year as well. I figured it was a Covid thing ��
Barneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #3

I ordered mine from hansfreightliner. You have to pay attention to the number of notches on your hubcaps. Of course if you have a Freightliner nearby just stop in there.
davo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #4

Check out Raney Truck parts.

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/?ta...BoCptUQAvD_BwE
Sco70ttie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:24 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If the center logo is not important to you a lot of truck stops carry them.

When you get the new one, put a couple of dots of clear silicone caulk on the contact points and they won't come off again easily. Don't use a lot as you will eventually have to get the cap off.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:35 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Last time I priced then they were around $50....

I switched out both my front ones for the plain chrome ones - $10 each.... That way I don’t groan every time I lose a front one... I carry 4-5 extras...
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:52 AM   #7

Hub Cap

I bought mine from Veurinks RV after loosing on I84 just count the notches so as to fit they also have the emblems for the middle of the cap
TGAWLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmas View Post
I have seemed to lost one of my front hubcaps on my Freightliner DP. Where do I find a new one? In Google searching, I don't even know what they are called.
tmas,
Those are *Freightliner* "motorhome* specific hub covers. You CANNOT get them at a local truck shop/store. At least you CAN'T get the logo version. Yes, you can get a hub cover that is straight chrome with no logo. And that's fine with about maybe 50% of the RV owners with those type wheels. I like the logo and it, at least to me, it just looks more applicable having that logo there. And yes, they hover around $30 and up, depending on which FREIGHTLINER parts department you get yours from.

And speaking of that, if you call your closest Freightliner supply/parts center, and have the last 6 numbers of your VIN with you when you make the call, they will look up those numbers and be presented with the EXACT FREIGHTLINER chassis build of YOUR COACH. And it will tell them the exact hub covers that came on YOUR COACH. They will then tell you whether or not they have them or, what kind of time frame it will be to get them to you. Good luck.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
tmas,
Those are *Freightliner* "motorhome* specific hub covers. You CANNOT get them at a local truck shop/store. At least you CAN'T get the logo version. Yes, you can get a hub cover that is straight chrome with no logo. And that's fine with about maybe 50% of the RV owners with those type wheels. I like the logo and it, at least to me, it just looks more applicable having that logo there. And yes, they hover around $30 and up, depending on which FREIGHTLINER parts department you get yours from.

And speaking of that, if you call your closest Freightliner supply/parts center, and have the last 6 numbers of your VIN with you when you make the call, they will look up those numbers and be presented with the EXACT FREIGHTLINER chassis build of YOUR COACH. And it will tell them the exact hub covers that came on YOUR COACH. They will then tell you whether or not they have them or, what kind of time frame it will be to get them to you. Good luck.
Scott
Yep. I lost a Tiffin front about 6 months ago. Cost was in the neighborhood of $30 from Tiffin, plus almost $10 for the stick on logo, plus shipping, of course. I got one at a local truck suspension/spring shop without the logo for around $5. Mama didn't make no fool.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Yep. I lost a Tiffin front about 6 months ago. Cost was in the neighborhood of $30 from Tiffin, plus almost $10 for the stick on logo, plus shipping, of course. I got one at a local truck suspension/spring shop without the logo for around $5. Mama didn't make no fool.
Yep,
I've lost two of them off the right front. I think, if it happens again, I too may cheap'n out and get a generic version. I have a vinyl sign making machine with all kinds of colors. If I get creative, I think I can duplicate that logo without too much effort. We'll see, if and when the need arises.
Scott
Old 11-04-2020, 10:28 PM   #11

Yep i lost one, on the new one i added a little gorilla glue still there so far.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:26 AM   #12

These should be held on by small spring clips that attach to the edge of the hub cap. If you pry each of the clips open slightly with a small screwdriver so they fit tighter in the the wheel opening that should solve the problem. I've never had a problem with these falling off my trucks or motor home using this method
Tom
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
These should be held on by small spring clips that attach to the edge of the hub cap. If you pry each of the clips open slightly with a small screwdriver so they fit tighter in the the wheel opening that should solve the problem. I've never had a problem with these falling off my trucks or motor home using this method
Tom
Tom,
Yep, I did tweak the little clips on my second one. Even though they were brand new 'cause I'd just bought it, I wanted to re-assure myself that I'd not loose a second one. Well, even with the ultra slight flex and, re-tweaked metal clips, vamooose, that hub cap decided it needed a better home/life. So, I bought another one. This one's been on for about 6+ years so far.
Scott

Tags
ace, replace, replacement