RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replacing Furniture

We have a pedestal chair that is not very comfortable and we would like to change it. However it is bolted through the floor which is no big deal as I should be able to repair the floor. Has anybody done this?
I am having a hard time finding a replacement, but what we have has got to go.
Your ideas please!
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #2

Yes, we replaced our fold out couch with two Lazyboys. The couch was bolted down and had two seat belts so we reused the seat belts to secure the new chairs during travel and screwed the chairs to the floor with 4 #8 wood screws just to keep them in place.
The cabinet was custom made to fit between the chairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3034.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	154328  
Old 03-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Yes, we replaced our fold out couch with two Lazyboys. The couch was bolted down and had two seat belts so we reused the seat belts to secure the new chairs during travel and screwed the chairs to the floor with 4 #8 wood screws just to keep them in place.
The cabinet was custom made to fit between the chairs.
Very Nice!
They actually fit through the door or did you remove a window?
Old 03-09-2017, 10:53 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In the '02 DSDP we removed the hide a bed and replaced it with two LA Z BOY chairs in addition to the passenger side chair which we also replaced with a LA Z BOY.
In the present rig we removed the Stressless chair and ottoman and replaced it with a LA Z BOY rocker/recliner. The OEM Stressless chair wasn't comfortable for either of us, after the change I got the couch and the late DW used the chair almost exclusively.
On most LA Z BOY recliners the back is removable so getting them through a door is no problem.
On edit, I'd like to get some good leather LA Z BOYS but I have seven cats and their claws do serious damage to leather or leather like surfaces even when trimmed.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #5

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
In the '02 DSDP we removed the hide a bed and replaced it with two LA Z BOY chairs in addition to the passenger side chair which we also replaced with a LA Z BOY.
In the present rig we removed the Stressless chair and ottoman and replaced it with a LA Z BOY rocker/recliner. The OEM Stressless chair wasn't comfortable for either of us, after the change I got the couch and the late DW used the chair almost exclusively.
On most LA Z BOY recliners the back is removable so getting them through a door is no problem.
Very good!
And thanks for the thought about removing the back on the chair. I had forgotten that some are removable.
That alone opens up a whole new avenue on what we can look for.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #6

I removed our couch and recliner. The couch was replaced with two Fjord recliners and ottomans and the recliner may be replaced with an electric fireplace.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
Very Nice!
They actually fit through the door or did you remove a window?
No problem, as said by others, the backs of the Lazyboys just slides off. Across from the couch we had an ugly swivel rocker that also went to old chair heaven. We replaced it with another custom cabinet for the TV, file drawer, sat box and computer. No more sore necks to watch TV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN3017.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	154339   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3001.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	154340  

Old 03-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #8

We also replaced a couch with recliners on the driver side slide. Found them on Wayfair.https://www.wayfair.com/Flash-Furnit...n-FFC4071.html

Name:	IMG_20170304_085449.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	154348
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #9

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
No problem, as said by others, the backs of the Lazyboys just slides off. Across from the couch we had an ugly swivel rocker that also went to old chair heaven. We replaced it with another custom cabinet for the TV, file drawer, sat box and computer. No more sore necks to watch TV.
NICE
Old 03-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #10

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can't believe what you people have related to me about the back removal on chairs.
Last year my wife and I purchase two custom built electric reclining chairs.
We found out that we only had room for one (we had just purchased a new condo) and because we had them built we were unable to return one.

I put it into a den that is little used and started to wonder if the back was removable. It was one piece when delivered. WOW the back is removable and it will be installed into the coach when the weather warms up.
Now we will have the comfort of home and the colour is neutral so it will work great.

Thanks to everybody the wife gets a new chair and I get my music room back.
You people are great!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
recliners added

we also removed one of our couch units to make room for 2 laz-e-boys. being the impatient type, I did not wait for help in getting the recliners in and did not realize the back came off so I scrubbed the vinyl dash area pushing on the chairs. anyone here know a good product that might help with this eyesore. my husband reminds me daily of this. no hole, just two rough areas
dlowr31733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlowr31733 View Post
we also removed one of our couch units to make room for 2 laz-e-boys. being the impatient type, I did not wait for help in getting the recliners in and did not realize the back came off so I scrubbed the vinyl dash area pushing on the chairs. anyone here know a good product that might help with this eyesore. my husband reminds me daily of this. no hole, just two rough areas
I likely would not have clued in but fortunately I drove the coach to the Lazyboy warehouse and the young fella brought them out, pulled the backs off and hauled them in the coach.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #13

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlowr31733 View Post
Most body repair supply shops sell a product by the name of SEM. I have refinished many a damaged dash. It Is like an ink not a paint or stain. Can be applied any way you like.

https://www.semproducts.com/
Old 03-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #14

The only furniture in the front of coach left original is the drivers and pass chairs.

Both couches are long gone euro recliner by new computer desk, new amish drop leaf freestanding table and nice folding chairs, the other couch is gone and two love seats. Oh yes the air bed is now in the bedroom.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote