RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Smile Replacing Light Fixtures

We need to replace our under counter fluorescent light that is over our sink. This is for a 2007 Monaco Dip. There is no vender name on it.. Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Could be a Thin Lite Welcome to Thin-Lite - Thin Lite Inc.

If it is a bad ballast, you can replace it with one from eBay
Old 07-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure if that’s the problem.. After 11 years, we might as well replace the whole fixture.. But would like to find one the same size.. I don’t think this is a Thin Lite..
I’ve got a call into Monaco.... I was 15 in line the first time I called .:(((
Thanks for getting back to us.
Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Don’t bother calling Monaco as they have stop supporting order rigs. Put LED panels in your fluorescent light fixture and be done with it. I use panels instead of strips because the strips are giving very poor life/service for me.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #5

Ivylog, can you provide information on the "LED panels" you used.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #6

I found a real nice LED surface mount fixture to replace the fluorescent one that was over the sink. It’s from Thin-Lites premium line and I got it from solarseller.com alternative energy by John Drake Services, Inc.. It was a direct fit, has two brightness levels and a dimmer...very nice. I got the Thin-Lite model “LED412P” which is 16-1/8”L x 7-3/8W x 3/4T. They also offer “LED416P” which is 21-7/8”L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9A99F11-320C-468F-B661-BAF4490BAC65.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	210468  
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:33 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paints View Post
We need to replace our under counter fluorescent light that is over our sink. This is for a 2007 Monaco Dip. There is no vender name on it.. Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paints,

We have a 2006 Camelot with factory fluorescent fixtures like yours. Last year I converted all of them to LED.

Several people on the forum recommend M4 Products in California, so I gave them a call and ordered a couple of their LED fluorescent tube replacements to see if I liked them, They are LED units that snap into the existing fixture sockets as a direct replacement for the original tubes. The original fluoresce ballast is no longer needed and is easily disconnected.

I was extremely pleased with the result, and immediately ordered enough to do the whole coach. M4 product line is more expensive than some of the other on-line LED that I have seen, but less expensive that what I found at the local RV store. All of the different style lamps that I have ordered from them shipped very quickly and appear to be of high quality.

Hope this helps,

Jim
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light