Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2022, 07:08 PM   #1

Replacing the Fan-tastic fan with RVLovent Fan

2008 Monaco Camelot, The new fan only needs two wires and the old fan had 4 wires attached to it, none of the 4 wires seem to have power. Everything seemed to be working prior to taking out the old fan other than it was falling apart. Two of the wires are marked Positive (Red) and Negative (Black) the other two wires are orange. The fan's power is suppose to go through the Intellitec unit. So my questions is how do I get power to run the new fan.

Joe Lotze
jlotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Was there a thermostat on the old one to turn it one when the inside temp reached a set point? If so, you might try turning it up or down.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:45 AM   #3

The old fan had a thermostat control but I removed the old unit and put in a new unit. The problem is that there is no voltage in the wires coming out of the ceiling. I have checked all the fuses I have found and they are good so I am perplexed on why no voltage.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:13 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Is there not an on/off switch on the wall or counter that controls the fan?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wondering if maybe the orange wires go to remote temp sensors, which would need to be satisfied before sending power to the fans
Old 02-02-2022, 09:04 AM   #6

Yes and it lights up when it is on. When I turn it on a light on the Intellitec board comes on but no voltage in the wires.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:07 AM   #7

I agree but the only external thermostat I can find is the one for the A/C and heater, it says nothing about fans.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:52 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, now I think of it, I recall see'ng temp probes built into each fan.

Tags
fan, oven, vent