So, as my wife is now 3yrs cancer free after having a lung removed she is still unable to venture too far and we need to take an oxygen generator wherever we go, went cruising several times as we do not live too far from Galveston but I told her I wanted to go see Mount Rushmore, Little Big Horn, Devil's Tower and other sights in this vast country, So, as we wanted to take our two aging dogs with us, it seemed a Motorhome might be the way to go.
After months of Research, research and then researching some more, I have gotten this far;
1) Don't go to Camping World, have not seen one good review and although I know most people only review when they have had a bad experience, one would think there would be at least one good or decent one, not sure about Holiday World, Ron Hoover and Demontrond here in the Houston area, maybe MHSRV in Alvarado.
2) Decided to go for Class A but somewhere around 30'
3) Watched and watching multiple You Tube videos, so thanks to RV Texas Ya'll, Gone with the Wynns etc.
4) Seems there are a lot of Thor's, started liking the ACE but then not sure about the step up into the cab area and not sure about curtains as I have to watch out for dust what with my wife's condition.
5) Looking at a Pursuit, Hurricane, Reno, Axon, FR3.......... so far
6) Wife likes the Axon because it is Red.
7) Went to Best Preowned in Houston but they do not have anything less than 34' at this time.
8) Haven't looked at the Thor's yet but the shower bothers me somewhat as it looks like there is a gap between the base and sidewalls.
9) Buy used, battling wife who only seems to look at new
10) Still have to check on Insurance rates
11) Got approval from HOA to park the unit in our driveway, but after I got that I started to think it might not be a good idea because people would know when we are not at home.
12) I do like the work table on the passenger side and separate Shower from Toilet.
13) Living in Texas I feel we need 15,000 BTU A/C, I know some trips will be outside this state but most will be weekend getaways and Texas can be a tad warm especially during July & August, after all we only have two season's, Hot and Hotter.
Well so far that is about it and besides it is Sunday and I have to finish off the cooking.
If you got this far, thanks for reading and any other advise is always welcomed.
Have a great day.