Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
My DW refuses to sit in the front seat and lies on the sofa instead. She blames it on our dog, who has bad eyesight and should not have glare. It bugs me though, as she is totally isolated back there. We can drive 4 or 5 hundred miles in a day through beautiful country and she sees nothing. Sometimes I feel like I am Ralph Cramden!

Just venting.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #16

sometimes all it takes is one or two positive experiences from asking her to do something that is good for both of you. and you can even look something up and let her know you think "this" is coming up...and also driving slower like 55-60 instead of 65, as this is very noticeable in a coach. but some will never see point. but its worth a try. and if you think she would drive. then explain what you are doing, like if shifting up hill then say but you dont have to as its good other way to, if a little wiindy the dont do it..but in calm like my coach its just hands on wheel and look ahead and smile.., and at a fuel station if they have a nice flower put it on dash and tape or secure.they like it ect
Old 10-28-2016, 06:02 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
...and also driving slower like 55-60 instead of 65, ......
Not meaning to start a war but this can make passengers nervous when you're on a highway with a 75 or higher limit.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
driving slower like 55-60 instead of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Not meaning to start a war but this can make passengers nervous when you're on a highway with a 75 or higher limit.
okcnewbie
This may sound unreasonable and selfish to you... but when I'm driving my coach I drive at a speed that is comfortable for me.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:15 AM   #19

Bnails52........Why don't you get a pair of safety glasses and darken them so you can't see anything, and then you would be able to talk to Ralph, stay warm, use the seat belt and won't have to point the finger at the poor dog.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I see the Original Poster's situtation has been fixed, he now has seat belts (Always did just did not knwo where to look)

There is a very good reason for seat belts. I will tell you a short story. When my Daughter was born and my wife retuned to work we hired a babysitter.. I noticed she had a split lip and ask her about it.. Well she and 3 of her teenage friends had gone for a drive, when she buckled her seat belt they all laughed at her.

After the accident she had 3 funerals to attend.. All she had was a split lip.

I was a police dispatcher for 25 years and sent troopers to many accidents where I had to type a letter "Reference fatal accident 29-xxxx-yy (the report number) to HQ. Most all of those were not wearing seat belts.

I even rolled up on a Fatal Accident, one dead, one seriously injured and one (only one wearing a seat belt) minor nicks from flying glass such as I might do shaving in the morning.

Now, any questions.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
My DD likes to lay in bed in the back, I wish she wouldn't but she has done it on many a trip. I don't feel its safe, but we have never had an issue. Also have a carbon monoxide detector in the back to be safe. I run the genny and turn 1 or both furnaces on to keep it warm, and/or the AC's to keep it cool. She and the cat like it. They both seem to like the noise the diesel engine makes I guess, but also listens to her Walkman. She will come up and sit in the passenger seat with me. Our couch, recliner, and front seats all have seat belts. The kitchen chairs are bolted to the floor but don't have seat belts.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Not trying to join in a war, but I don't see your point. If you are going 55, you are not going to run up on someone and rear end them. How does slowing down make them nervous? We took three trips out west in 2007,2008, and 2009. In 2009 I had just retired. (For the third time.) We had plenty of time and I drove 55 to enjoy the view. We were gone over two months and covered over twenty states. Not one time did I get a dirty look, A one finger salute, or a horn blast. I pulled over on two lane roads to let cars pass. I stayed in the slow lane on all interstates. We just never had a single problem.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:43 AM   #23

ga traveler..........Thank You, and that's my speed also, love the scenery.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #24

I see all these helpful suggestions but you left one out. Sell the Motorhome and stay home. I know of at least one couple who settled it that way. Phobias are not logical so they do not respond to a logical move.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
......Not trying to join in a war, but I don't see your point. If you are going 55, you are not going to run up on someone and rear end them. How does slowing down make them nervous?

.... I pulled over on two lane roads to let cars pass. I stayed in the slow lane on all interstates. We just never had a single problem.....
Getting passed on both sides and seeing people fly by you going maybe 25-30 mph faster can make some people uncomfortable.

In my book, anyone that pulls over occasionally to let people pass is probably a very thoughtful and safe driver. I can see why you have never had problems.

If you read my first post again you will notice that I didn't say anything about what I consider a good speed for me or anyone else. I just tried ( not effectively ) to imply that going way below the speed limit can make some people nervous. I think speed is great for getting somewhere quickly. I think 60 or less is great for enjoying the journey!
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #26

While we are driving? Is it safe?
Bnails52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #27

I sit on the couch and can see perfect through the large passenger window along with the side widow in coach. I just dont see all the cars pulling in front of us.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #28

I do not have a husband named Ralph! You have me mixed up with the other post.

Tags
motorhome