Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #1

Roadmaster chassis

I have a 99' HR Imperial 40PBS motorhome. I just talked with a man from an rv dealership and he said that there is a class action lawswuit over coaches with Roadmaster chassis. He stated that they will break in half and no one will buy them. Mine has 89,000 miles with zero problems. Is there anything to this claim?
edlynn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #2

As to what you heard, relax. Even if there's truth to the rumor, your rig was built by Old Monaco that went BK and expunged any liabilities to prior owners. New rigs sold today are by another firm that bought the rights to the Monaco name & other assets, but zero liabilities. For your rig & IIRC ~2008ish & before, there is nobody to sue; that Monaco & Roadmaster Chassis is dead.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I don't know the details of the years or exact motorhome models involved, but the only Roadmaster problem I was aware of was the possibility of the rear suspension trailing arms cracking. You'll find a number of threads discussing that here (when I do a search on "cracked trailing arms" I get dozens of hits). There was/is an aftermarket fix for this problem which your coach may or may not have needed, may or may not have had, if needed.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. What the salesman told you is just a load of BS. That salesman doesn't know what he is talking about. If there was a problem with the frame/chassis breaking then we sure would have heard about it on this forum. My guess is that he has heard something about the rear trailing arm problem on certain models and is confused. For more info you can go here and read and educate that salesman.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f24/trail...ter-54838.html

Your model motor home is in the clear.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlynn2 View Post
I have a 99' HR Imperial 40PBS motorhome. I just talked with a man from an rv dealership and he said that there is a class action lawswuit over coaches with Roadmaster chassis. He stated that they will break in half and no one will buy them. Mine has 89,000 miles with zero problems. Is there anything to this claim?
The man from the RV dealership was playing a game of "uproar" with you. Ask yourself what his objective was in telling you this story.
1. There was never an issue with the chassis that the Imperial was built on. The Imperial was always a well built coach.
2. Roadmaster built a 4 airbag chassis that had a problem with under engineered trailing arms starting in the '02-'03 time frame and continuing for a number of year. There are after Market parts which solve the problem.
3. As has been stated, there is no "class action suit" because the company involved is no longer in business.

You should go back & call him on this.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #6

I should have read the OP's post more thoroughly. It was a salesman, and his lips were moving.
Nuff said.

Tags
chassis