RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #1

RoadMaster Insti-Brake system?

Hey, anyone have any experience(s) with the Roadmaster Insti-Brake, tow braking system? Good, or bad? Not much found in the search. Thanks
MoJoGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do you mean InvisiBrake? If so, I had it on my Jeep and it worked well. Nothing extra to plug in. There is a line that goes to the front of the Motorhome. A red light comes on when the tow vehicle's brakes are being applied.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #3

I had it on my 98 Honda Accord and if Roadmaster has not addressed the problem with it, I would not touch it, there are better systems out there.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/roadm...ms-196392.html
If you have a coach with air brakes, SMI Air Force One
If a gas coach, SMI Stay-N-Play
RVI 3 is another.
Ready Brake Brute Elite is an all in one system.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #4

Yep, I do mean Invisibrake. Don't have any idea where I came up with instibrake? Maybe that's why there wasn't much in the search? One of those moments? Thanks
MoJoGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the system on my 14 Honda CRV. I put it on last summer and it seems to work well. I plug it in and go.
inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #6

invisabrake

I have used the same invisibrake on my last two coaches. First one on a 31ft gas 460 ford five speed 2012. Second one our current DP 36ft.( transferred unit from gas coach to DP ) Several trips through Western mtns. with both. Also lots of flatter towing. Tow is 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr. Probably about 25000mi. overall. Have never had one problem. But of course with this DP it may not be working at all and I probably wouldn't notice. LOL
Old 12-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #7

Invisibrake Works Well

I have this system and pull a Chevy Colorado. As Gary said, easy hookup. I did have to add a cut off to my vacuum line under hood in the Colorado to avoid getting a warning signal in the Colorado when not towing. No problems unless I forget to cut it off when not towing. Of course sometimes I forget to turn it on. I spent late summer/early fall in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho with no towing issues. We have had the system on two coaches over the last 4-1/2 years with no problems.
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake