RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 01:42 PM   #1

Roadside assistance

I am looking at getting roadside assistance for our RV and toad.
We have had Good SAM before but never used it.
I see that FMCA is only $69, however am i right in thinking that you also have to become a member of FMCA for an additional $60 on top?

Thanks
wadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes but lots of other benefits
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #3

Aaa did us great last year. You need the premier membership to cover Rvs but you are well taken care of.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders View Post
I see that FMCA is only $69, however am i right in thinking that you also have to become a member of FMCA for an additional $60 on top?

Thanks
Yes you do. However there are lots of benefits including some substantial discounts on michelin or continental tires. That along will pay for your annual dues.

another option is coachnet, which I prefer. Depending on your coach, their dispatchers seem more knowledgeable when it comes to what equipment to dispatch for your needs. Coachnet also just started discounts on some brand tires as well.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, you do have to join FMCA, but, as others have said, there are many other benefits well worth your membership cost.

We are with Good Sam now, because they gave me a deal I couldn't turn down, but when renewal time comes around I will probably go with FMCA!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #6

We are with good sam and will renew again this year. .. my wife had a flat on the way to work in her car, they had her back on the road in a half hour. ..

Had a blow out in our old coach and we were back on the road in under an hour. .
wingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Just had a not-so-good experience with AAA RV. Was in Montana and lost all our coolant. It took almost a full day for a AAA tow company 100 miles away to get us towed to the nearest Cummins shop. The unferlift used caused front end fiberglass damage... There was a local tow with a lo-boy trailer, but AAA did not want to pay the extra $$$ for them. We will Not be using AAA again!
DFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have had very good service with CoachNet. Haven't tried the others.

I have heard that most roadside service plans contract with the same service providers, don't know if this is true or not. If it is true GS, AAA and /or CN would send you the same tow truck. Now it comes down to customer service when you place that desperate call at 2:00 AM. I can tell you CoachNet has always been great to deal with.

I think their pricing has gone up since I started with them. When I first joined they had a single plan for $99.00 per year. Now they have multiple plans, some are quite expensive but I still pay $99.00 as all I want is basic service i.e. towing, fix a flat tire, bring me fuel, etc...
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:20 AM   #9

Been using coach net for appreciate 15 years, used them for a tow 3 times one for a blow out. Pleased with service. They provided A wrecker found a repair facility. I would not be on the road without Coach Net.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders View Post

Thanks
The free FMCA Assist program is well worth the membership cost. They have a number of benefits as others have said and a great magazine. I have Good Sam towing as well as FMCA. Already had it when I saw FMCA's price. Used GS recently and it was very good. In past have had problems with it. Think it is just the luck of the draw as to the agent you get when you call. If FMCA had a fuel deal with Pilot like GS does I would probably drop GS entirely. Hate the constant barrage of mail.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've been using Coach Net for eight years and I have been very happy with them. I especially like their on call techs that will help you trouble shoot problems.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #12

Just got my good sam renewal today $149.99 , I think I paid $69 last year, I may go FMCA this year, you get Alot more for the money
Old 05-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
I currently have GS but will be switching to FMCA when renewal time (7/7/18) rolls around.... Why pay $149.99 when I can get basically same coverage from FMCA (which I've been a member of for years) for $69.00.... I also am totally over all the dang stuff from GS.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I currently have GS but will be switching to FMCA when renewal time (7/7/18) rolls around.... Why pay $149.99 when I can get basically same coverage from FMCA (which I've been a member of for years) for $69.00.... I also am totally over all the dang stuff from GS.....
Yea, my renewal time is 9/1/18 , I like that FMCA has the assist included also. .