Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Rocky rv

Have a question, we have a Winnebago j-35, we have noticed that when we are set up on the pad and we put the jacks down ( they are automatic) the rig moves when someone is walking around or just turns over in the beds. Is there a way to lessen the movement, are my jacks down far enough, or should they be manually lowered a bit further, or should we just get used to the movement. When we had the our 35 foot travel trailer it didn't move so much, that one I would use a cordless drill with a socket on it to lower the jacks and maybe I took more weight off the tires. Any thoughts?
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours is pretty stable the first day or so. Then I have to raise it a bit more after a while as the stability goes away.

I'm assuming my jacks are losing some umphhh but work good enough for us.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I put mine down when we pull in---then about 5 minutes later, hit the switch again. Then once a month, I exercise them. No problems yet
Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
I put mine down when we pull in---then about 5 minutes later, hit the switch again. Then once a month, I exercise them. No problems yet
I do the same and no movement, after level perhaps manual mode for a tad will help. Good luck, safe travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #5

I think it's normal, and varies by unit. My first rv was a 37 ft newmar dutch star on a ford chassis. It was fairly stable when the jacks were down. The current unit is like you describe. I can sit on the sofa in the front and feel the movement when anyone moves in the rear of the rv.
Fred
Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i found out that my unit when i use the auto mode will put down the jacks it needs to to make it level after that mode is done i look under the coach to see if all jacks are down and if not i will put the remaining ones down manually, i figured this out one night as i wasnt feeling good and the partner was up front cooking and i was getting sea sick notice that the front jacks were the only ones down so i lowered the rear just until i felt them lift the coach and it was stable for the rest of the week. After the week i drove to another camp to stay for another week.
jimbooth25 is offline   Reply With Quote