Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #1

Roof mounted spotlight

Hello all,

Im trying to get my spotlight working on a 2004 Fleetwood discovery.
When I bought it there was no remote so I ordered one from Golight and programed it according to their instructions but its still not working.
Does anyone know where the fuse might be on this unit??
rbm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2021, 11:41 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
So on my DIscovery the key has to be in the on position. Don't know if that's the same on yours?
dcfleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfleetwood View Post
So on my DIscovery the key has to be in the on position. Don't know if that's the same on yours?
I had read that the key had to be on so i tried that and i tried it with the rv running but still nothing. im not sure if im not programming the remote correctly or if im not getting any power.
rbm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm33 View Post
Hello all,

Im trying to get my spotlight working on a 2004 Fleetwood discovery.
When I bought it there was no remote so I ordered one from Golight and programed it according to their instructions but its still not working.
Does anyone know where the fuse might be on this unit??
Well Sir,
On our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP, the key DOES NOT have to be in the ON position for that Go-lite to work. Now, there might be a glitch in the system, not necessarily a programming issue with your remote. By that I mean, on ours, lack of use has tendency to make some of the wiring connection points INSIDE that Go-lite get a tad corroded or just bad.

When that happens on ours, I had to whittle down a screw driver bit small enough to get into the holes that have the Phillips screw heads, that hold the two halves together. When I finally get those screws out (they're upside down so, if you try this, be careful, they could fall out onto the ground, and it's a long way down) the two halves separate and you see the connections and the gears for R-L and up and down.

I'd un plug the plug in there and re-plug it in a few times and then try the remote and, vuallla, it runs. Now, is this your problem? Who knows? But, it's maybe worth a look at.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:12 AM   #5

My spotlight was bad when we bought this MH, In 8 years I've never needed it so I removed it and sealed the holes.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:10 AM   #6

I would imagine to power comes to control panel first. A multimeter and 12v test light is a must have for a motorhome. Test for power and ground first off.
Off topic a bit but. A multi meter with low impedance might be called Low E or Low Z. Will put a small load on circuit and not give false reading due to poor connections or back feed. It A good investment but not necessary. A incandescent test light, Wiggy meter , Low impedance or analog meter put a load on circuit . True false readings don't happen often but if and when they do you'll lose a lot of time and pull your hair out. I know now when to pull out a low impedance meter or test light, if things don't add up.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:16 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Been awhile but I remember getting access to the wires in the forward cupboard on my old Winnebago and cutting power and reconnecting. I can’t remember if I did anything with the remote at the same time. Whatever I did , cutting that power and reconnecting did the trick.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:57 AM   #8

Funny, when reading this topic, I had to go and look at my coach to see if I had one! I do! I've never used it. Now I know where that remote goes to.

What is it used for? I would think it would be more useful in the rear instead of the front.

Anyway, back in the Battery Control Center (BCC) there are fuses for things like cigarette lighter, steps, radio, fog lights, windshield fans etc. I don't see roof light, but there are several spares shown. I would check there. On my coach there is a schematic on the backside of the BCC cover.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, roof