Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #1

Roof sagging on Adventurer

Any idea what this could be? Feel like an air bubble of some sort? '07 Winne Adventurer

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0062.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	476.1 KB
ID:	147538
Citti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2016, 03:06 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
Looks like water from a leak.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #3

Whew! From the title of the thread, I had something more serious pictured in my mind ...like a 300 pound guy up on the roof always walking around on it causing it to permanently sag.

Bubbles like that could be caused by many things but, yes, most often are because of water leaking in from somewhere. They also could be from interior condensation but a bubble as big as yours, it's probably not from interior condensation. It even could be just the ceiling material coming unglued but from that bubble, something has to be causing it.

It appears it's on a slide ceiling, is that true? If so, check your slide roof to see if there could be water coming in from the slide room seams somewhere. Do you see water or leaking inside anywhere else around the slide?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:54 AM   #4

If it is the slide, Theroc suggestions are where I would start. Slide awning condition, slide seal, slide seams, etc.

The bubble can be cut with a razor knife, contact adhesive applied to the back side of the vinyl ceiling material and then pressed back up. You will see the repair as a line where you cut it. You can install something over the repair to help hide the seam. An example would be a battery smoke detector.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:47 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
It's probably the foam backing on the vinyl separating from the panel. I believe it's glued on. I had the same think happen on 7 of my 10 ceiling panels. If you pull the vinyl off I think you'll find the foam just crumbles. Not being good at this kind of work I had a shop do the repair. Not cheap as I had the RV at Lazydays for other pepairs so I had them do it. Looks great now just like new.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
After next heavy rain I would poke hole in center of bubble to see if there is water in it. That would help you decide on urgency and type of repairs needed.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like it is on a slide. First thing I would check to see if it is near a slide lock. If so, the lock drain thru the sidewall may be clogged and moisture going into the cabinets and down. Fix is to push a rigid pipe cleaner thru from outside to clear the drain letting the water out. Good luck
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:19 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe it is glue failure. I had something similar happen on my ceiling over a slide. I took it to the WGO factory for repair. They told me it was not water intrusion but rather glue failure. They wanted lots of money to fix it. I set up a brace consisting of a 2X4 with a piece of 3/4" plywood.

I used Gorilla Glue and a turkey injector. After injecting lots of glue in all directions I used a roller to roll the glue out to the edges. I than used the brace to hold the ceiling material tight against the ceiling. I pot some wax paper on the plywood in case some glue came back out through the small hole. After the glue dried I removed the brace and while it is not perfect no one notices but us. It also stopped the bubble from enlarging.

Good luck;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #9

Lucky its only on the slide. My 95 adventurer started coming loose, but it was about 5' of my roof above the driver and passenger.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #10

Wow, you guys are awesome. Thank you for all the help!
Citti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, vent