RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

Cool Roof streaking

I have an 07 Phaeton. How can i prevent the white streaking that coats the side of the RV? Even after a good washing the rain will cause streaks to run down the sides.
LSepulveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #2

wash the roof and then "mop and glo " it. two coats and its good for a year or so. just dont let the mop drip down the sides or the drip will show for years
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #3

Yep! The problem is you never have waxed the roof and the fiber glass roof is starting to oxidize which is the stuff you see running down the sides.

I get up on the roof about every two years and I wash it real good, then I apply a good coat of Blue Coral liquid. It seems like it has worked, no streaks.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #4

I looked up Blue Coral, and what i found is a combination wash and wax. Is that what you use?
LSepulveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Mine was doing this really bad last year. Just old paint. I hand cleaned the roof with 409 and a couple rolls of paper towels, then repainted it with Marine Topside deck paint (rustoleum I think makes it) using a cheap roller from dollar general. Have not had any white chalk streaking since.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:24 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I used "Poly Glow"... It has UV inhibitors to stop oxidization which is what runs down the side with white streaks... easy to install and lasts all year.... Floor Wax has NO UV inhibitors at all.........

Poli Glow Manufacturer of UV Protective Products for RV Boats

Dave
Old 02-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSepulveda View Post
I looked up Blue Coral, and what i found is a combination wash and wax. Is that what you use?

Yes! On my pressure washer it has a plastic container that attaches to the wan for pressure washing and it mixes the water with the wax while you spray it on. Being that it is the roof, I do not even wipe it off. Let the wax just set there to protect it from the UV rays.

I also use it at least once a year to spray the mixture on the whole exterior of the coach. So far after fourteen years since I bought it new, the paint job still looks pretty good.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof