Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #1

Rooftop A/C Mach 8

I am in need of 2 Coleman Mach 8 plus47224B876. Both of our AC’s went out at the same time. We have not been able to find the replacement. Does anyone know who would have this AC in stock.
Tkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2020, 09:02 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Etrailer.com has a Furrion RV Air Conditioners - FACR14SA-W-C, that they claim is a replacement for the Coleman Mach AC unit. Whether they have it in stock is a different question. You'll have to call them.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check PPL in Houston. This past March we replaced both of our Mach 8 plus units. We ordered them out of a RV supply in AZ due to the better price and free shipping. Both were having the units drop shipped from a warehouse in Dallas, TX area.

Or contact Colman and ask then where they know of a warehouse stock and then see about a RV dealer in the area ordering the units.

I would not switch to the Furrion units.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkemp View Post
I am in need of 2 Coleman Mach 8 plus47224B876. Both of our AC’s went out at the same time. We have not been able to find the replacement. Does anyone know who would have this AC in stock.
I'm sure a silly question but are you sure the units are bad? Unless it was something like low voltage or voltage surge that killed them, it's weird that they both stopped working at the same time. Is there one thermostat? Are you sure it's set and working properly? Does the thermostat have 12 volts going to it?
Old 08-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #5

Mudfrog raises a good point. All three of our AC units stopped, but it was the six button controller. Either the thermostat or the control board was stopping the ACs from operating. The culprit turned out to be the telephone cable used to link the units together. The wire was shorted to the chassis, so the controllers would not work. A new cable fixed it and all three units work fine now.

Just something to check, and it's cheaper than new units.

HTH

Tom
Old 08-05-2020, 11:58 PM   #6

Unfortunately they are both bad from a low voltage problem. We have had this confirmed by two different reputable places. We were at a large RV park when they both quit working.
Tkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:31 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
FYI I was just quoted 8-10 weeks for a replacement Coleman Mach 8 series unit heat pump, And this was from the largest distributo in the southeast....
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
FYI I was just quoted 8-10 weeks for a replacement Coleman Mach 8 series unit heat pump, And this was from the largest distributo in the southeast....
Did you end up checking with PPL? I was just on their website and it let me put the 15k unit in the cart. I didn't go any farther so couldn't get information on shipping date. They most likely won't have it available any sooner but ya never know.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #9

A couple of weeks ago my front Dometic Penguin AC heat pump unit died. I went to a local dealer and he said that even Dometic doesn’t have any stock. He managed to find me one in a distribution warehouse in Calgary. I had it the next day. I was very lucky to find one. It seems to me this virus has disrupted the supply of a lot of things.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof