RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2018, 11:38 PM   #15

I need to clarify.
The Itasca manual was already in the motorhome when we took possession of it. That manual is where I am getting that 12'-3" height.

I have not climbed up & actually verified the height.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #16

This satellite receiver is very low profile.

But, this unit is for Direct TV. We have always been Dish Network fans Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180901-141004_Google.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	217222
Old 09-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #17

In Yuma call Alan he is the best installer. Winrgard 1200 can support 3 TV's.
DonziDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #18

I dont believe I would buy any roof top sat at this time. Huge advances are being made with internet streaming. My DTV bill is 200 bucks a month and looking to cut that. Steaming is alot less.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:11 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have Dish and the Winegard Traveler Sat dish. They work great, and the antenna when stored is lower than the AC unit. But if you think you are going to get away without having a portable unit then you don't plan very well. The Portable unit is for those time when parked in the woods and you can't get a good line of sight. It also make a big difference when in the mountains and can't get a low enough angle due to being on the roof. They make automatic portable antennas that work great. The key is knowing exactly what you need. I need one with multiple outputs (2) due to have 2 receivers in the MH. The only rub with this is, if the master box is on one sat and the secondary box wants to go to another sat due to the channel that is being selected it can't because there is only one feed horn in the portable unit. Not eh fix to that is either have 2 portable automatic antennas or have a manual mutli sat portable dish setup. So you choose or get all the above. But I dare say you will need a portable especially if your DW is like mine and or you have kids.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePirat View Post
I dont believe I would buy any roof top sat at this time. Huge advances are being made with internet streaming. My DTV bill is 200 bucks a month and looking to cut that. Steaming is alot less.
Streaming only works if you have a good internet connection. In the rural area where I live, it looks like it will be many years before I will be streaming anything. Dish works for me.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
Streaming only works if you have a good internet connection. In the rural area where I live, it looks like it will be many years before I will be streaming anything. Dish works for me.
+1. We boondock a lot in the back country. Cell service is a rarity at least 50% of the time. Even when we have it voice calls are sketchy and streaming is not even in the equation. I think it will be a long while before cell coverage improves dramatically in the outlying areas. To answer the OP's question we had a Winegard Roadtrip and just swapped it out for the Travler. The Roadtrip worked ok but it was noisy when it was searching satellites. It had to go through the entire acquisition routine every time it was powered up and we couldn't leave it on overnight because it would make tracking adjustments which were loud enough to wake us up. We have an old 1st gen Tailgater that we use when the rooftop is blocked.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
+1. We boondock a lot in the back country. Cell service is a rarity at least 50% of the time. Even when we have it voice calls are sketchy and streaming is not even in the equation. I think it will be a long while before cell coverage improves dramatically in the outlying areas. To answer the OP's question we had a Winegard Roadtrip and just swapped it out for the Travler. The Roadtrip worked ok but it was noisy when it was searching satellites. It had to go through the entire acquisition routine every time it was powered up and we couldn't leave it on overnight because it would make tracking adjustments which were loud enough to wake us up. We have an old 1st gen Tailgater that we use when the rooftop is blocked.
I understand the issues, however one must put a price on what is important. Most rv parks have wifi and internet.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePirat View Post
I understand the issues, however one must put a price on what is important. Most rv parks have wifi and internet.
We try to avoid staying in rv parks

Tags
dish, roof, satellite