Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #15

We like to clean in the corners when we clean. A RV has so many places that a Roomba can't get to. A small vac with attachments works better at really cleaning.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Not for us.
Ya know...it was just yesterday as we are preparing for a trip ..... And now here we are loading up the MH deciding on exactly what are the essentials that we need. I mean, we're getting down to really simplifying our life now. What a change from what we're used to. So for us...Roomba...na, we'll pass. We have a simple vacuum, a broom and a dust pan. I've just had enough of all the extra gadgets and cool stuff.
I was just having a similar thought yesterday, just bought our first Class A 2 weeks ago, and at first one regret I had about it was that it has vinyl floors through 2/3 of the space instead of the hardwood and carpet that had been standard in its model line until the year (month) before mine was built when it became an upgrade option. Then I started thinking how much easier a vinyl floor is to keep clean.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have had a few Rumbas in our home over the years. The older ones from 10 plus years ago never worked well. We tried a new one 3 years ago and LOVE It! Her name is Ruby and she runs around the house every morning picking up dog hair. What a time saver. Perfect? No. I still need to sweep or vacation weekly but Ruby has helped tremendously. We can't live without her. The question is, why have I never thought to bring her in the RV? Looks like Ruby will be joining family travels starting next week!
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #18

We use ours in the RV and are very satisfied.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I'd be afraid of what our dog would do to it while we were gone

As it is, you push one part of his belly and the tv changes channels !
Old 11-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #20

Which model roomba are you guys using? There seem to be a bunch of models...is the base model workable?

I was considering this option as well (I do like gadgets!)

Dave-Oh
Old 11-20-2016, 07:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
... I still need to sweep or vacation weekly...

I think I like the vacation weekly option ! LOL
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Just my opinion here. But as we get older our eye sight is failing and we don't see the dust bunnies in the corners and sand in the carpet. We use the wet pads on the vinyl and a small vac for the carpet, then use a name brand house sized vac when home and drag up a bucket load where we thought was clean. Might be fun to play with but a good cleaning its not.

LEN
Old 11-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have both roombas and Neato. That both have there ups and downs. The Neato is more reliable but roomba cleans in corners better. The older models that is. The newer neato's have side brush. I put one in motorhome when we come back. It's work pretty good still have to hand vac in front floor boards
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
Which model roomba are you guys using? There seem to be a bunch of models...is the base model workable?

I was considering this option as well (I do like gadgets!)

Dave-Oh
We use the base model and we were really surprised how much dog hair, etc. that little thing picks up. Seems to pick up stuff the big floor model misses.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
We use the base model and we were really surprised how much dog hair, etc. that little thing picks up. Seems to pick up stuff the big floor model misses.
Great! I've got a couple of dogs, too. Sounds like a nice way to keep the subtle buildup of hidden dog hair under control.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #26

OURS RUNS once a week and we have to remember to put the step cover out so it does not fall in hole. It does ok and then I use the steam swiffer to finish the corners and the tiles which is most of the dynasty
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:02 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
OURS RUNS once a week and we have to remember to put the step cover out so it does not fall in hole. It does ok and then I use the steam swiffer to finish the corners and the tiles which is most of the dynasty
..which brings up another question - for us mid-ship stairwell types who don't have a stairwell cover -> what do you do if you DON'T have a stairwell cover? I thought these devices could sense a stairwell and avoid it! Do the Roomba and Neato have no means of avoiding this pitfall (literally AND figuratively)?

Houses have stairs, after all......
Old 11-22-2016, 08:15 AM   #28

Cool idea!
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irobot roomba