Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #29
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
Not at all keen on anyone being out of their seat while moving.
I do however like your one rule. If it endangers my rv then I'm gone.
Pole trimmer, I never thought of that. Thank you. What is it? Gas, electric? Manual? The next guy will be happy as well.
It's just a manual/extendable pole trimmer with the saw blade on the end. I leave the saw blade off (unless necessary ). I also have pair of pruners in the entry step. I can quickly trim up bushes if needed.

I'm not a nut about bushes and trees, but I like to take good care of my coach. I don't need scratches or branches that can damage something on the roof.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2020, 05:26 PM   #30

I have the same rule I had on every school bus I ever drove. No one is to be out of their seat when the bus is in motion. As I briefed my pax:
"If someone pulls a Stupid Human Trick(SHT) in front of me the speed we are travelling when I hit the brakes is the speed your pretty face will hit the dashboard or windshield."
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #31

Our number one rule is don't slam the door.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #32

Ours are fairly simple, though so far it is always either my wife and I, or my now 30 year old son and I.

1, read through and check off the checklist before starting the engine (power and water disconnected, antenna down, ...)

2, Ask the drivers permission before getting up to move about, even then minimize moving about, ie passenger grabbing a drink from the fridge or changing seating positions ok, with drivers permission which will generally be given only on flat open road with no other traffic nearby.

3, Don't drive over 400 miles per day, plan on not driving over 350.

4, Stop at least once every 100-120 miles to stretch and move around.

5, Don't drive at night in the western states due to deer.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
It's typically just my wife and I in the RV. We have no cumbersome rules. After 45 years of RVing, I think common sense is sufficient. We bought a Class A to be able to move around while driving, especially using the bathroom. We typically stop for meals, but on occasion, my wife may make something while driving or get me something to drink. We've been doing this for a long time and no what works and what doesn't. She doesn't go back on a narrow winding road or in tight construction zones.....common sense.

When it comes to guests and drinks, we don't get wound around the axle about lids on cups and food. If it spills we'll clean it up. We also have tile floors and don't worry about shoes.

So in short, enjoy the coach and RV style, rather than focus on rules.

I do have one rule.....I don't allow any RV park or RV park assistant, to pressure me into placing my coach in a bad spot or driving under low hanging branches. I carry a pole trimmer and will trim up a site before parking.