Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #1

Hi folks

Is there anybody out there from or around New Hampshire? I am looking to upgrade my motorhome and was thinking to shop in NH. I am from New Brunswick Canada. I found a couple of dealer on line but I am sure someone could recommend a few good place for a good used unit. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
rv dealer in New Hamshire

Not New Hampshire, but Maine - right next door. Seacoast RV in Saco, ME. Is the largest RV dealership in Maine.

but, Never, Ever buy new; always buy used, IMO. Unless you want to throw lots of $$$ away...
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is no doubt you can obtain deals far better in the USA, than in Canada. However be aware of the following:

US Vehicles must be electronically reported to USCBP prior to export. This must be done electronically and by a US resident or US registered corporation, failure to do so will result in our CBSA refusing entry to Canada unless proof of export is provided and a nasty fine.

Look at Registrar of Imported Vehicles and verify the unit is allowed import to Canada, if it is >15 years, then you are exempt. They also provide an easy checklist to follow. This applies to the chasis portion ONLY, not the "house" portion. CBSA will complete the entry process for you and GST/PST (HST), plus $100 excise tax for air conditioning will be payable. You can complete the RIV process on-line and once inspected at your local Crappy Tire, you will be good to plate it. Also be sure to get interim binder of insurance for transport home.

Lastly and contrary to "it was on Google so it must be fact", RV's in Canada must have their propane, plumbing and electrical systems approved by CSA and each Province has different regulations regarding above in addition to CSA. The Federal Gov't has nothing to do with this. Now, lots of people say once the propane system is approved by a Provincial inspection, ignore the rest...careful and make sure you verify with your insurance provider (not provincial motor vehicles) that they are aware the unit will not be CSA approved and that coverage will be provided in he event of a plumbing or electrical malfunction. Again lots of people believe this is not an issue, but it is.

Good luck in your search!
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out WEBB'S RV in Bangor, Maine. They sell RVs to a number of Canadian customers and are familiar with all the export rules and regulations. Also, depending where you live in N.B., it might be a short drive to Bangor. WEBB'S has a pretty good selection and a variety of manufacturers. Good hunting!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer